|Lyndon B. Johnson Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 27, 1908|
|Date of Death||January 22, 1973|
Lyndon B. Johnson was an American politician and teacher who served as the 36th president of the United States from 1963 until 1969. Prior to that, he was vice president during the John F. Kennedy administration and stepped into the role of president following Kennedy’s assassination on November 22, 1963. He passed the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964, however his presidency was largely dominated by the debacle of the Vietnam War.
Lyndon Baines Johnson
He was born on August 27, 1908.
He passed away at the age of 64 years following a heart attack on January 22, 1973, in Texas.
Gillespie County, Texas, United States
He studied at the Johnson City High School and graduated in 1924.
Furthermore, he began his studies at the Southwest Texas State Teachers College (SWTSTC) in 1926 and graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in history in 1930.
- Father – Samuel Ealy Johnson Jr.
- Mother – Rebekah Baines
- Siblings – Sam Houston Johnson (Younger Brother), Rebekah Johnson (Younger Sister), Josefa Johnson (Younger Sister), Lucia Johnson (Younger Sister)
At the time of his death, Lyndon B. Johnson’s net worth was $15 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
89 kg or 196 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lyndon B. Johnson had dated –
- Claudia ‘Lady Bird’ Taylor (1934-1973) – He met Claudia ‘Lady Bird’ Taylor in 1934 and proposed to her on their first date itself. They wed 10 weeks later on November 17, 1934. The couple was blessed with two daughters named Lynda Bird Johnson (b. March 19, 1944) and Luci Baines Johnson (b. July 2, 1947). Although Johnson was notorious for cheating on his wife with multiple women, the couple stayed together until his death in January 1973.
- Alice Glass
- Helen Gahagan (1945-1951)
- Madeleine Brown (1949-1969) – RUMOR
Race / Ethnicity
He had German, English, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Welsh, French/French Huguenot, Scottish, Swiss-German, and Dutch ancestry.
However, his hair had turned mostly ‘Gray’ by the time of his death.
- Boorish personality
- Long nose
- Towering height
- Chin dimple
Lyndon B. Johnson Favorite Things
Source – IMDb
Lyndon B. Johnson Facts
- In January 1953, he was elected as the Senate Minority Leader; making him the youngest Minority Leader in history at just 44 years. He became the Senate Majority Leader the following year after Democrats seized control of the Senate in 1954.
- He and Robert ‘Bobby’ Kennedy, who was President Kennedy’s youngest brother and his Attorney General, shared a deep mutual dislike for each other.
- Johnson won the 1964 Presidential election with the largest share of the popular vote in the country’s history (as of 2023) at 61.1% and received over 15 million more votes than his opponent, Republican Barry Goldwater.
- He has been portrayed in Hollywood movies by actors like Bryan Cranston in All the Way (2016), Liev Schreiber in The Butler (2013), Tom Wilkinson in Selma (2014), Woody Harrelson in LBJ (2016), Michael Gambon in Path to War (2002), Sean McGraw in Parkland (2013), etc.
Featured Image by Arnold Newman / Wikimedia / Public Domain