|Tom Wilkinson Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||February 5, 1948|
Tom Wilkinson is an English actor who is known for his portrayal of Arthur Edens in Michael Clayton, Matt Fowler in In the Bedroom, Gerald in The Full Monty, and Matt Fowler in In the Bedroom.
Thomas Geoffrey Wilkinson
Leeds, Wharfedale, Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
North London, England, United Kingdom
Wilkinson attended the University of Kent at Canterbury from where he graduated with a degree in English and American literature.
Then, he enrolled at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London and completed his training in acting there in 1973.
In July 2001, Tom was presented with a Doctor of Letters honorary degree from the University of Kent.
- Father – Thomas Wilkinson (Farmer)
- Mother – Marjorie Wilkinson
Tom is represented by Principal Entertainment, Lou Coulson Associates, and Larry Taube.
Tom Wilkinson’s net worth was $12 Million according to Celebrity Net Worth.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
103 kg or 227 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom has dated –
- Diana Hardcastle – Wilkinson got married to actress Diana Hardcastle on January 5, 1988. Together, the couple has 2 daughters named Alice Wilkinson (b. 1988) and Molly Wilkinson (b. 1991).
Race / Ethnicity
Wilkinson has English as well as 1/32 Scottish ancestry.
Salt and Pepper
- Bulbous nose
- Thin eyebrows
- Thin lips
Tom Wilkinson Facts
- He spent the first 11 years of his life in Wharfedale before moving to Kitimat, British Columbia, in Canada only to return to the United Kingdom 5 years later.
- His family ran a pub in Cornwall after moving back to the United Kingdom.
- While studying at the University of Kent at Canterbury, he was a member of the T24 Drama Society.
- He made his debut TV show appearance as Mick Connor in Comedians in 2nd House in 1975. Later, in 1976, Wilkinson made his first feature film appearance as cook Ransome in The Shadow Line.
- Despite being cast in more than a dozen shows and films, Tom got his big break in front of an international audience with his role as Gerald in The Full Monty in 1997. For that, Tom won a British Academy Film and Television Award for “Best Actor in a Supporting Role”.
- Some of his most notable appearances in the entertainment industry have been in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004), Batman Begins (2005), The Exorcism of Emily Rose (2005), Valkyrie (2008), Duplicity (2009), The Ghost (2010), The Debt (2010), The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (2011), Michael Clayton (2007), Selma (2014), and The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014).
- Tom portrayed the character of the 36th President of the United States Lyndon B. Johnson, in the historical drama film Selma.
- As of November 2021, Wilkinson was an Associate Member of the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
- Over the years, he has been on the receiving end of various accolades such as the British Academy Film Award, a Golden Globe, a Primetime Emmy Award, and nominations for two Academy Awards.
Featured Image By Gordon Correll / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0