|Bryan Cranston Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10½ in|
|Date of Birth||March 7, 1956|
Bryan Cranston is an American actor, voiceover artist, director, producer, and screenwriter who is best known for having been cast as Walter White in Breaking Bad, Tim Whatley in Seinfeld, Hal in Malcolm in the Middle, and Vince Lonigan in Sneaky Pete. He received critical acclaim for his performance in Breaking Bad and it is regarded as one of the best performances in television history which earned him Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series”, Golden Globe Award for “Best Actor in a Television Series – Drama”, and Screen Actors Guild Award for “Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series”. Moreover, he has also been cast in movies like That Thing You Do!, Saving Private Ryan, Magnificent Desolation: Walking on the Moon 3D, Ramayana: The Legend of Prince Rama, Love Ranch, Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted, Rock of Ages, Trumbo, El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie, The One and Only Ivan, and Isle of Dogs.
Bryan Lee Cranston
Bryan, Lee Stone
Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Bryan first attended Canoga Park High School from where he went to Los Angeles Valley College and graduated in 1976, achieving an associate degree in police science.
Actor, Film Director, Producer, Screenwriter, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Joseph Louis “Joe” Cranston (Actor and former amateur boxer)
- Mother – Audrey Peggy Sell (Radio Actress)
- Siblings – Kyle Edward Cranston (Older Brother) (Actor), Amy Cranston (Younger Sister)
- Others – Edward Bennett/Bernard “Eddie” Cranston (Paternal Grandfather), Alice Rose Bower (Paternal Grandmother), Otto Frederick William Sell (Maternal Grandfather), Augusta Liza “Gussie” Marchert (Maternal Grandmother)
Bryan has been signed with United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
76 kg or 167½ lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bryan Cranston has dated –
- Mickey Middleton (1977-1982) – In November 1977, Bryan started dating and got married to writer Mickey Middleton. The couple split in April 1982.
- Robin Dearden (1984-Present) – Cranston met actress Robin Dearden in 1984 on the set of the show Airwolf and started dating her. They got married in 1989. The couple has a daughter Taylor Dearden Cranston (b. February 12, 1993). He was once asked what his favorite thing about his wife Robin Dearden was and he replied, “She still gets giddy when she sees a firefly.”.
Race / Ethnicity
Bryan is of German, Irish, and Austrian-Jewish descent.
- Tattoo on right hand’s ring finger
- Charismatic person
- Deep voice
His shoe size is speculated to be 10.5 (US).
Bryan showed up in a TV commercial for Excedrin (1996), Honda Accord (2000), Esurance, and many others.
He has also voiced over the commercial of Pennzoil.
Best Known For
- Having been cast in numerous TV series in roles like Hal in Malcolm in The Middle (2000-2006) and Walter White in Breaking Bad (2008-2013)
- Cranston also acted in a couple of high-rated movies such as Saving Private Ryan (1998), Drive (2011), and Godzilla (2014).
Bryan appeared in the satirical comedy film Amazon Women on the Moon (1987) as Paramedic.
His first featured role was in the movie The Big Turnaround (1988) as Jim.
First TV Show
His first appearance in a TV show was in 1982 when he acted as Sam in the episode Bisexual Marriage in the TV series Crisis Counselor.
The actor has never been a real fan of exercising. Though for playing Walter White, he had to do some exercises to get back in shape. To prepare for a certain role, he sometimes has to change the way, he eats and even incorporates exercising.
Bryan Cranston Favorite Things
- Favorite Episode of the series Malcolm in the Middle – “Rollerskates”
- Movie – On the Waterfront (1954)
Source – IMDb
Bryan Cranston Facts
- Bryan grew up in Canoga Park in Los Angeles.
- His maternal grandparents were German immigrants.
- When he was young, his parents lost the house they lived in after not being able to cover the previously loaned money.
- When Bryan was 11, his dad left the family. After 11 years of not seeing each other, one of Bryan’s brothers decided to find their dad and meet him again. Since that day, Bryan was in regular contact with his dad who passed away in 2014.
- As a kid, he spent some time on his grandparents’ farm (after his parents lost their home) and worked with poultry.
- Once, while riding a horse with his cousin, Cranston unexpectedly met the well-known criminal Charles Manson.
- Bryan’s daughter Taylor studied dramatics at the University of Southern California. She appeared as an extra in a single episode in the TV series Breaking Bad.
- While in college, Bryan was a passionate baseball player and started collecting baseball memorabilia.
- He is a big fan of baseball teams, Los Angeles Dodgers and Philadelphia Phillies.
- Bryan was the designer of his family’s beach house in Ventura County, California.
- While filming Breaking Bad, the famous actor lived in New Mexico.
- Bryan is one of the owners of the Cinemas Palme d’Or in Palm Desert, California.
- To film an episode named, “Rollerskates” in the first season of Malcolm in the Middle (2000-2006), Bryan was learning to roller-skate for six straight weeks.
- While in college, he had a part-time job as an ordained minister.
- He once owned a dog named Sugar.
- He portrayed the character of Dalton Trumbo, the popular screenwriter and novelist, in the 2015 biographical drama film, Trumbo. This role got him nominated for an Academy Award in the “Best Actor” category.
- Bryan can play drums and enjoys traveling to Hawaii.
- Before he decided to pursue an acting career, he thought of becoming a policeman.
- Cranston’s acting idols are Jack Lemmon, Rob Steiger, Spencer Tracy, and Dick Van Dyke.
- In 2019, Bryan and Aaron Paul founded the tequila brand, Dos Hombres.
- In July 2020, he revealed that he was tested positive for coronavirus in March and had later recovered. However, even by December 2020, his sense of taste and smell weren’t fully back which he revealed at the Ellen DeGeneres show.
- Bryan is the godfather of Aaron Paul‘s son Rydin.