|Michael Gambon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¼ in|
|Date of Birth||October 19, 1940|
Michael Gambon is an English-Irish actor who is most prominently known for his portrayal of Professor Albus Dumbledore in the Harry Potter film series from 2004 to 2011. Other than that, Michael has also starred in several other well-known films and shows such as Gosford Park, The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover, and A Chorus of Disapproval.
Sir Michael John Gambon
Michael studied at St Aloysius Boys’ School in Somers Town. After that, he enrolled at St Aloysius’ College in Highgate. Then, Michael attended Crayford Secondary School. However, he decided not to leave with any qualification at the age of 15.
He graduated from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA), London, England, in the past.
- Father – Edward Gambon (Engineering Operative)
- Mother – Mary Hoare (Seamstress)
Michael is represented by Paradigm Talent Agency.
Michael Gambon’s net worth was $20 Million according to Celebrity Net Worth.
5 ft 11¼ or 181 cm
94 kg or 207 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael has dated –
- Anne Miller (1962-2002) – Michael was 22 years when he married mathematician, Anne Miller. At the time, Michael and Anne lived in Gravesend, Kent. Together, the couple has a son named Fergus (Ceramics Expert on the BBC series Antiques Roadshow).
- Philippa Hart (2000-Present) – He and Philippa Hart met while working on the Channel 4 series Longitude in 2000. Michael introduced her to his co-stars as his girlfriend for the first time while filming on the set for his 2001 film Gosford Park. At the time, he was living with his wife. However, upon their relationship going public, Michael moved out of the home that he shared with his wife. Hart gave birth to his 2nd son named Thomas in May 2007. The couple had their 3rd child named William on June 22, 2009.
Race / Ethnicity
Michael has Irish ancestry.
Due to his age, Michael’s hair color has turned from dark brown to gray.
- His rich smooth voice
Michael has appeared in commercials for various brands including Beecham‘s All-in-One (2002).
Michael Gambon Favorite Things
- Character Of All-Time – Galileo in The Life of Galileo at Olivier Theatre, National Theatre Company
Source – YouTube
Michael Gambon Facts
- Gambon was 6 years old when his father moved the family to Mornington Crescent in London’s Camden. Later, he relocated to North End, Kent.
- He was raised in a strict Roman Catholic household.
- Michael served at the altar at St Aloysius Boys’ School in Somers Town.
- His father Edward was an engineering operative during World War II. Later, he decided to find a job in rebuilding London.
- After having quit his studies, Michael started working as an apprentice for a toolmaker with Vickers Armstrong, and by the age of 21, he was a qualified engineering technician.
- He developed a passion for antique guns, clocks, watches, and classic cars at an early age.
- In 1990, Michael was awarded Commander of the Order of the British Empire in the Queen’s New Year Honours List. Later, in the 1998 Queen’s New Year Honours List, he was appointed Knight Bachelor for his services to drama.
- Michael is a qualified private pilot.
- In December 2002, his car collection was featured in Top Gear.
- As of November 2021, Michael was an associate member of RADA.
- He is good friends with actress Maggie Smith.
Featured Image By Dionant394 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0