|Lilly Singh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 26, 1988|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Lilly Singh is a Canadian comedian, talk show host, YouTuber, author, voiceover artist, motivational speaker, singer, and actress who rose to fame via YouTube after she started uploading her videos on the video-sharing platform in 2010. She was included in the Forbes list of the world’s highest-paid YouTubers ranking at number #3 in 2016, earning a reported $7.5 million, while the publication also named her one of the 40 most powerful people in comedy in 2019. Over the years, she has received at least an MTV Fandom Award, four Streamy Awards, two Teen Choice Awards, and a People’s Choice Award. In 2019, she started appearing as the host of the late-night talk show, A Little Late with Lilly Singh. With that, she became the first openly bisexual person as well as the first person of Indian and South Asian descent to host an American broadcast major network late-night talk show. Moreover, Lilly Singh has also been a part of shows and movies like The Chica Show, Riverdance: The Animated Adventure, A Trip to Unicorn Island, Thank You, Gulaab Gang, Ice Age: Collision Course, Bad Moms, Medical Police, The Price Is Right, Bizaardvark, The Simpsons, and Life in Pieces.
Lilly Saini Singh
Scarborough, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Lilly Singh went to Mary Shadd Public School.
She graduated from the Lester B. Pearson Collegiate Institute in 2006.
In 2010, she graduated from York University with a psychology degree in Bachelor of Arts.
Comedian, Talk Show Host, YouTuber, Actress, Voiceover Artist, Author, Motivational Speaker, Singer
- Father – Sukhwinder Singh
- Mother – Malwinder Singh
- Siblings – Tina Singh (Older Sister) (YouTube Family vlogger)
Lilly Singh has been represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
- Comedy, motivation, vlogs, rants, skits (For Comedy)
- Hip hop (For Singing)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth was $20 Million in 2020.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Lilly Singh has dated –
- Yousef Erakat – Lilly Singh was reported to be in a relationship with fellow YouTube personality, Yousef Erakat before 2016. They have both made several appearances in each other’s videos on YouTube. Although they remained private about their love life duration, the clues of their cozy equation were all too visible in the various vlogs made by both individuals.
Race / Ethnicity
Lilly Singh is of Punjabi descent.
She revealed her sexuality through a tweet on February 24, 2019.
- Pouty lips
- Wears nose ring
34-27-35 in or 86-68.5-89 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
Lilly Singh has done brand endorsement work for the Smashbox liquid lipstick. She has also released her signature red lipstick under the BAWSE label (with Smashbox).
In July 2017, she was announced as the UNICEF’s Goodwill ambassador.
She is a strong believer in God.
Best Known For
Her funny and satirical videos, which are posted on her Superwoman YouTube channel.
As a Singer
Lilly has contributed a rap verse for the song Mauj Ki Malharein, which was part of the Bollywood movie Gulaab Gang (2014) music album.
In July 2014, she also released a song #LEH in collaboration with the rapper Kanwer Singh, who works under the pseudonym “Humble the Poet.”
Lilly Singh made her film debut in 2011 as a background dancer in the Bollywood film Speedy Singhs.
First TV Show
Singh made her first TV show appearance in 2014 in the reality series Giving Back Glam as herself.
Her workout routine and diet plan aren’t known. But, she has shared her workout video on YouTube.
Lilly Singh Favorite Things
- Greatest Fears – Spiders and Commitment
- Comfort Food – Mac and cheese
- Food – Popcorn with extra butter
- Most relatable Harry Potter character – Golden Snitch
Source – Buzz Feed
Lilly Singh Facts
- She started making YouTube videos in 2010.
- In 2016, Forbes magazine placed her at #3 with earnings of $7.5 million on the list of “World’s Highest-Paid YouTube Stars.”
- Lilly Singh was among the 40 most powerful people in comedy in 2019 as per Forbes.
- She used to suffer from depression and turned to make YouTube videos to deal with her depression problem. This is how she became a YouTuber.
- In March 2017, she released her debut book titled, How To Be a Bawse: A Guide to Conquering Life, which is a guidebook about leading a better life. The book became a bestseller as per the New York Times.
- In 2016, she collaborated with MEtoWe to sell #GirlLove Rafiki Bracelet. The proceeds from the bracelet sale provided the funds for the education of girls in Kenya.
- Her birth parents are very different from her satirical parents featured in her videos. She revealed that neither of them has a similar accent and her mother knows the lyrics of all of Drake’s songs.
- While growing up, she wanted to become a rapper.
- During Billboard Music Awards 2020, she honored Breonna Taylor (African-American won who was shot dead in March 2020) on the mask which she was wearing during the event.
- In September 2019, she started hosting the NBC late-night talk show A Little Late With Lilly Singh. She was also the executive producer of the show. With this series, she had made history as she became the first openly bisexual female and the only Indian and South Asian person to host a light-night talk show. However, after hosting for 2 seasons, the show ended.
- She is the first person of Indian descent to host an American major broadcast network late-night talk show.
- Based in Los Angeles, California, Lilly started her own production company Unicorn Island Productions in April 2018.
- Lilly Singh was featured in the Joe Biden 2020 presidential campaign’s fundraiser.
- She is the recipient of the People’s Choice Award, Teen Choice Award, Streamy Award, and MTV Fandom Award.
- During the 63rd Grammy Awards held in March 2021, she was seen supporting the ongoing Indian farmers’ protest by wearing a black mask with the text “I Stand With Farmers” written over it.
- She provided vocals to the character of Penny in the 2021 animated film, Riverdance: The Animated Adventure, inspired by the dance show Riverdance.
- In February 2022, it was revealed that Lilly had been hospitalized due to ovarian cysts.