|Kanwer Singh Quick Info
|5 ft 9 in
|Date of Birth
|July 12, 1981
Kanwer Singh is a Canadian YouTuber, author, social media influencer, rapper, and spoken-word artist who had started out by reciting spoken word poetry in coffee shops in Toronto. He turned his talent into a creative pursuit that has seen him work as a hip-hop artist, designer, motivational speaker, and consultant. He has adopted the professional name Humble The Poet and with that title, had started a YouTube channel in 2006 where he posts podcasts, motivational clips, music videos, and vlogs, and where he has garnered more than 200k subscribers. Kanwer blogs regularly on his official website where in addition to the above-mentioned topics, he often discusses racism, his heritage, and his struggles. He is popular on other social media platforms as well with more than 150k followers on Twitter and more than 500k followers on Instagram. He has authored the international bestsellers Unlearn: 101 Simple Truths for a Better Life (2014), Unlearn—Beneath the Surface: 101 Honest Truths to Take Life Deeper, and Things No One Else Can Teach Us (2019).
Humble The Poet
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
He splits his time between Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and Los Angeles, California, United States.
YouTuber, Author, Social Media Influencer, Rapper, Spoken-word Artist
- Siblings – He has a younger sister and a younger brother.
- Others – Zoravar (Nephew)
He self-manages his bookings and inquiries.
Rap, Hip Hop
Believe Me Music Group
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Punjabi (Sikh) descent.
- Slender frame
- Affable smile
- A quirky sense of style and clothing
- Has tattoos on both wrists and forearms
Kanwer has endorsed and promoted brands such as –
- Warner Bros.
Kanwer Singh Facts
- He was an elementary school teacher in the late 2000s and used to recite spoken word poetry locally in Toronto. He left his job in 2010 to pursue a career in poetry and spoken word artistry full-time, under the stage name Humble The Poet.
- A rapping enthusiast, he had already started releasing his recorded tracks independently on YouTube in 2008, a couple of years after he had started the channel.
- With fellow Canadian YouTuber of Punjabi-Sikh descent Lilly Singh aka Superwoman, he has produced the music videos titled #LEH and #IVIVI. For the former song, the duo was nominated at the 2014 Streamy Awards in the category of ‘Best Original Song’.
- He has had a good friendship with Lilly Singh over the years and the two have often appeared as a jokey date pair at several award functions. He has even often lived at her place. In April 2020, he had made an appearance on her late-night talk show A Little Late with Lilly Singh.
- He won the Canada Reads book contest in 2017, where he had championed the novel Fifteen Dogs: An Apologue written by André Alexis. The book had already won the 2015 Scotiabank Giller Prize and the 2015 Rogers Writers’ Trust Fiction Prize.
Featured Image by Kanwer Singh / Instagram