Yousef Saleh Erakat
Fremont, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Yousef Erakat went to the San Jose State University and graduated with a major in theatre arts.
YouTuber, vlogger, comedian, prankster, actor, rapper
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Mohammad Erakat (Older Brother), Ahmad Erakat (Older Brother), Noura Erakat (Older Sister) (Legal scholar, human rights attorney, and assistant professor)
Yousef Erakat is represented by Creative Artists Agency (CAA).
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Yousef Erakat has dated –
- Lilly Singh – Before 2016, Yousef was often linked up with fellow social media star, Lilly Singh. They often appeared in each other’s YouTube videos and were seen collaborating for personal vlogs as well. They remained private about their relationship, but their cozy equation in the videos, as well as other occasions, did prove that they were more than close friends.
- Alycia Tyre (2016) – Yousef started going out with fellow social media influencer in 2016. The first evidence of them being a couple surfaced in September 2016. After that, they appeared in a number of YouTube videos. However, they had broken up by December, which he announced in a YouTube video. There was nothing wrong with their relationship but he felt that he couldn’t give her everything she deserved.
- Daniela Banikova (2017) – Going by his Instagram feed, he seems to be in a relationship with a Los Angeles girl named, Daniela Banikova. In June, she joined him for his tour of Middle East. In the same month, they collaborated to start a Go Fund Me project for Sharon, who was dying from cancer and needed treatment, and Lu, who needed a lawyer.
- Simmi Singh (2018-Present) – Yousef started dating YouTube vlogger Simmi Singh in 2018. They often share their pictures on social media. Yousef and Simmi were friends for a long time before they started dating.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Palestinian origin.
- Prominent nose
- Often wears a cap or a hat
9.5 (US) (via YouTube)
Yousef has used his strong social media presence to plug a number of products and brands. Some of these promotions have come in the form of endorsement via usage or exposure in his YouTube videos.
He was raised in a strict Muslim family. However, he has often struggled with his religious identity.
Best Known For
The immense popularity of his channels on YouTube. His main YouTube channel fouseyTube has more than 10 million subscribers and over 1 billion views.
In April 2016, Yousef made his first film appearance in the comedy movie, Natural Born Pranksters.
First TV Show
In 2009, he first worked in a TV show by lending his voice for the character of Emperor in the animated TV series, The Secret Saturdays.
His first TV show appearance came in Best Dance Crew episode of comedy series, NigaHiga, which is helmed by another YouTube star Ryan Higa.
In 2015, Yousef started his incredible weight loss journey by starting popular 90 days fitness challenge. At the start of the challenge, he weighed 224 pounds and had a body fat percentage near 40. In space of 90 days, he managed to lose about 49 pounds of fat and brought his body fat percentage below 10 and at the same time, built some serious muscles.
His 90 days workout routine comprised of lots of cardio and serious weight lifting moves with some core work sessions thrown in. On some days, he went for an individual body part weight training, while on others, he focused solely on cardio. Overall, he kept on shuffling his workout plans to maximize his gains.
He later managed to continue making fitness and muscular goals by following weekly challenges. To make sure that he remains motivated and competitive, he posts his weekly improvements on his Instagram account.
Yousef Erakat Facts
- Yousef started his YouTube career in 2011. He had created his account while studying at the San Jose State University.
- However, when he showed his YouTube account to his mentor and dean of the theatre department, he was less than impressed and warned Yousef that no one would take him seriously in Hollywood.
- At the 2015 Streamy Awards, he revealed that he has struggled with depression and bipolar disease. He also had a stint in a rehab for his addiction.
- He has done activism work for many Palestinian related charities and non-profit organizations, including appearing at the fundraiser for the Palestine Children’s Relief Fund.
- In February 2012, the MBMuslima Magazine included him in the list featuring 40 Inspiring Muslims Under 40 at the 3rd position.
- He has to deal with incessant bullying and often receives death threats from those offended by his parodies on Middle Eastern culture.
- After graduating from San Jose State University, he moved to Los Angeles to pursue a full-fledged career as a social media star.
- Follow him on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image via Adam Hendershott / Wikipedia / CC BY-SA 4.0