|Paul Mescal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||February 2, 1996|
Paul Mescal is an Irish actor and stage artist who is best known for his starring role of Connell Waldron in the psychological romantic drama miniseries Normal People. This role won him a Gold Derby TV Award for “Breakthrough Performer of the Year” and a British Academy Television Award for “Best Actor” as well as nominations for a Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie” and a Critics’ Choice Television Award for “Best Actor in a Movie/Miniseries”.
Maynooth, County Kildare, Ireland
London, England, United Kingdom
Paul Mescal attended The Lir Academy at Trinity College Dublin and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Acting in 2017.
Actor, Stage Artist
- Father – Paul (Schoolteacher who also acted semi-professionally)
- Mother – Dearbhla (Garda Officer)
- Siblings – Nell (Younger Sister) (Singer), Donnacha (Younger Brother)
Paul Mescal has been signed with Curtis Brown, Literary and Talent Agency.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Sparkling eyes
- Often sports unkempt hair
Paul Mescal has been cast in a commercial for Denny, a sausage company.
Paul Mescal Facts
- He is the oldest sibling.
- He was a minor and under-21 Gaelic footballer for Kildare and a member of the Maynooth GAA club. Paul’s skills as a defender were praised by Gaelic footballer Brian Lacey and his physical trainer Cian O’Neill described Mescal as “mature beyond his years […] very developed and very strong”.
- He suffered a jaw injury after which he quit football.
- Paul Mescal was 16 years old when he was cast in the titular role of the Phantom in The Phantom of the Opera and this was his first stage role.
- Alongside Daisy Edgar-Jones, he co-starred as Connell Waldron, a well-liked, academically gifted student and athlete, in the television series, Normal People, based on the 2018 novel of the same name by Sally Rooney.
- He plays the piano.
- Paul Mescal has appeared in the music videos for songs like Scarlet by The Rolling Stones and Savior Complex by Phoebe Bridgers.
- In 2020, he received the GQ Men of the Year Award for “Hugo Boss Breakthrough Actor”.
- Some of his stage credits include playing Jay Gatsby in The Great Gatsby at Gate Theatre, Dublin in 2017, Lieutenant Langon in The Plough and the Stars at Lyric Theatre, London in 2018, Demetrius in A Midsummer Night’s Dream at Kilkenny Arts Festival in 2018, Stephen Dedalus in A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man at Dublin Theatre Festival in 2018, and Mad Padraic in The Lieutenant of Inishmore at Gaiety Theatre, Dublin in 2020.