|Finn Bálor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||July 25, 1981|
Finn Bálor is an Irish professional wrestler known for his performances in numerous championships such as IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion and IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champion. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 4 million followers on Instagram and more than 2 million followers on Twitter.
Fergal Gerard Devitt
Finn, Demon King, Finn Bálor, Prince of Ireland, Prince Devitt, C.T.U Ranger Red, Pegasus Kid
Bray, County Wicklow, Republic of Ireland
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
He studied at Saint Cronan’s Boys’ National School in Bray, County Wicklow.
Right after finishing high school, Finn saw an advertisement for a 2-week wrestling summer camp in England and decided to give it a try. The experience sealed his commitment to the sport.
- Father – Fintan Devitt (Contract Manager)
- Mother – Leonie Devitt
- Siblings – Ciaran Devitt (Brother), Eoín Devitt (Brother), Anne Marie (Sister)
- Others – Aoife Devitt aka Carr Timmons (Sister-in-law)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
86 kg or 189.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
- Cathy Kelley (2017–2018)
- Veronica Rodriguez (2019-Present) – The couple got married in August 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish descent.
- Likes to use body paint to represent Celtic mythological characters in the wrestling arena
- Usually keeps a beard
- Shredded six-pack
- Frequently wears a leather jacket for his non-fight appearances in the WWE ring
Finn Bálor Favorite Things
- Sports Team – Tottenham Hotspur
- Holiday Food – Thanksgiving Turkey
- Cheat Meal – Pizza
Source – Wikipedia, TheRecipe.com, Muscle & Fitness
Finn Bálor Facts
- He started watching wrestling at the age of 4 on World of Sports and discovered WWE wrestling at the age of 8 when Sky TV was introduced in Ireland. Finn was instantly blown away by the characters played by the athletes.
- Finn’s parents and friends thought that his obsession with wrestling was just a phase that he will eventually outgrow.
- Since the sport of wrestling was non-existent in Ireland, Finn briefly considered becoming a ringside photographer to get involved in the business.
- While studying in high school, Finn was skilled at soccer and rugby and could easily pick up the nuances of any other sport quickly. He later gained a first-degree black belt in IBF submission wrestling, which is a form of mixed martial art and described as combat wrestling.
- He quit soccer to become a full-time pro-wrestler at the age of 18.
- At the age of 20, he started his wrestling school and promotion in Ireland with a partner named Paul Tracey, which was affiliated to the National Wrestling Alliance. Fellow WWE performer Becky Lynch was one of his students.
- At the age of 24, he started working for New Japan Pro Wrestling but continued performing at other independent promotions all over Europe.
- His character has been featured in numerous WWE video games such as WWE 2K16, WWE 2K17, WWE 2K18, and WWE 2K19.
- Devitt created his ringside name Finn Bálor inspired by 2 Celtic mythological figures. The first name represents Fion MacCool, aka Fionn mac Cumhaill, a mythical Irish hunter and warrior. The 2nd name represents Balar, who is the king of supernatural beings called Fomorians.
- Finn is extremely fond of comic books and often dresses up as various comic book characters.
- The wrestler unwinds from his hectic and physically demanding schedule by playing with Lego.
- In the past, he told during an interview that New Japan Pro Wrestling renamed him Prince Devitt because none of the native Japanese people could pronounce his actual name. He was originally considering the stage name of King David until people started questioning why the 24-year-old should have that title. Fellow wrestler Simon Inoki finally came up with Prince Devitt that appealed to Finn.
- In 2016, Devitt became the longest-running WWE NXT Champion at 293 days. In the same year, he made his WWE Raw debut on his 35th birthday and became the quickest wrestler in WWE history to win a world title after mere 27 days from his debut. Finn was the inaugural Universal Champion at Summer Slam 2016.
Featured Image by Dvtsource / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0