Twenty-seven years old Irina Shayk has been among one of the well known faces in the glamour world since 2007. We know her as a Russian supermodel, girl friend of star footballer Cristiano Ronaldo, an actor and a philanthropist. She has an extremely attractive face and her well sculpted body has been one of the major reasons behind her immense success. She was the cover girl for the Sports Illustrated Magazine in 2011 and was also voted as the sexiest woman in the world by Hungarian magazine, Periodika in 2011. She was ranked first in the “50 Hottest Russian Women” list by Complex magazine.
She credits her unusual looks to her father but accepts that good genes alone were just not enough to land her on the coveted cover page of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. While Irina does not believe in starving herself, working out in the gym is what she believes in. This Russian super model has a strong personality and likes to maintain a healthy attitude towards both workout and diet. Let’s have a look at the daily workout and diet routine of this glam model.
Irina Shayk Workout Routine
- The ‘Feel Good’ Factor
The super model prefers not to be skinny. She spends time in the gym because it makes her feel good and gives a well toned figure.
She believes that while one can inherit good body but it is very much important to take care of it. She is as tough as steel, she says, and is not weary of pushing herself working out five times a week. According to her, laziness should be avoided to keep that taut shape.
- Striking the Right Balance
Irina stands for the principle that our workout pattern should match our diet. She believes in eating what she likes and sweating out in the gym. This saves her from sudden food cravings.
- No to Muscle Building Exercises
Shayk avoids exercises, which make the body muscular. She avoids heavy workouts like exercising with weights above 5 pounds, kettle ball, lunges and jumps.
- Daily Exercises
- Irina jogs for 15 minutes in the beginning. This warms her up for exercising.
- This is followed by cardio sessions for more than one hour with interval of thirty minutes.
Experts believe that cardio exercises are the best way of burning fat. Therefore, she focuses on exercises like cycling, running and boxing. She mixes them everyday so that her body slowly gets adapted to the routine.
- She is completely dedicated to those exercises, which are responsible for her flat tummy.
- She uses a combination of boxing and Pilates. This keeps her ‘bikini ready’.
- Relaxation is important and over-training is harmful, this is what Irina wants to tell to the aspiring models. She works out before a shoot and also carries her little exercising equipment while traveling. Even if she has not exercised for one or two days, she can make for the loss.
Irina Shayk Diet Plan
- Irina consumes plenty of water to keep her skin and hair in great condition. She has to spend long hours, shooting on the sea beaches. Adequate water intake prevents her skin from drying up.
- Irina does not believe in dieting. Occasionally she likes to pamper herself with ice creams and cakes. She also likes to take a day off, lying on the bed, watching T.V. and enjoying Pizza. Eating restaurant food is although, a ‘no’ for her. When at home, she visits the local Russian market to get some stuff for cooking. Her favorite meal is pelmeni (dumplings consisting of a filling wrapped in thin, unleavened dough). She ensures that she never overeats. Eating healthy is the key according to her.
- On other days she consumes whole fruits and vegetables. Breads high in fiber, skimmed milk, tofu, clear soups form her general diet.
- She also takes citrus juices, which she says are a great source of vitamin C and help her maintain beautiful skin.