Charles Joseph John Hart
Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England
Joe Hart was initially enrolled in the Oxon Primary School in Shrewsbury. However, he then moved to Meole Brace School in the same city, where he was a head boy in his final year.
During his schooldays, he was also a competent cricketer and was selected to Worcestershire’s youth squads for two years.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Charles Hart (Former Gym Equipment Seller)
- Mother – Louise Hart (Nursery School Teacher)
- Sibling – Chloe Hart (Sister)
Jonathan Barnett of Stellar Football Ltd.
At the Italian club Torino, he wore number 21 jersey.
However, at his owner club Manchester City, he used to don the number 1 jersey, which is traditionally reserved for goalkeepers.
6 ft 5¼ in or 196 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joe Hart is in relationship with –
- Kimberly Crew (2009-Present) – Although, the clear timeline of their relationship isn’t available, it is reported that Hart and Kimberly Crew started dating in 2009. A year later, their relationship was severely tested when visibly drunk Hart was captured on the video by a fan with two blondes on his arms. Their son Harlow Hart was born in 2014, the same year they got engaged while on summer vacation. When Joe proposed with a $42,000 ring, they were out in the sea on a yacht. They got married on June 27, 2015 in Florence, Italy in a lavish wedding ceremony.
Race / Ethnicity
- Great Hair (He has even served as the Head & Shoulders brand ambassador)
- Tall and imposing body
- Green Eyes
- Good Looks
Joe Hart’s body specification may be –
- Chest – 41 in or 104 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
Being the best English keeper for quite some time now, Hart has been associated with some of the biggest brands such as Head & Shoulders and Gillette.
He has also starred in cheesy TV adverts for the Head & Shoulders. One of those cringe worthy ads can be seen here.
His religious beliefs aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being one of the best goalkeepers in the English Premier League.
- Setting the Manchester City club record for most clean sheets during the season. During the 2010-2011 season, he kept 29 clean sheets beating the record of Nicky Weaver of 26 clean sheets.
- Winning the coveted Premier League Golden Glove award for four seasons which included three consecutive awards from 2010/2011 season to 2012/2013 season. This is a record for the most Golden Glove awards.
- Winning two English Premiere League titles with Manchester City.
First Football Match
On April 24, 2004, Joe Hart made his senior debut for his hometown team Shrewsbury Town in a 1-1 draw against Ebbsfleet United in a Football conference match.
Due to injuries to Andreas Isaksson and Nicky Weaver, he made his Manchester City debut on October 14, 2006 in a Premier League fixture against Sheffield United. The match was goalless draw.
On September 11, 2016, he made his Torino debut against Atlanta in a 2-1 away defeat in Serie A. However, his debut was less than ideal as he was at fault for the first goal as his miscued punch from corner went to rival team player, who promptly scored.
- Saving long shots
- Sharp and Instinctive Reflexes
- Command of his goal area
- Technical Goalkeeping Ability
- Loss of focus during matches, which often leads to howlers
- Passing and ball distribution
Till date, he hasn’t appeared in any film.
First TV Show
In 2009, he was seen in sports game show A Question of Sport as himself in an episode #38.16.
Joe Hart trains seven days a week to maintain his fitness and build explosive power that has made him one of the finest keepers of his generation. His usual daily workout routine spans around three hours. He spends first 30 minutes of the workout doing dynamic stretching and light drills for warmup. He then spends 90 minutes on the pitch, doing ball work and game specific training. He finishes his workout session with an hour of training in the gym.
Being a goalkeeper, you need explosive power and flexibility instead of muscles. And, Hart certainly focuses on that aspect and works mostly on lower body, core and his balance in gym. His leg workout involves using TRX bands for added resistance. He is also a massive fan of Pilates and stability exercises. You can take a look at Joe Hart’s typical workout here.
Usually, Joe begins his day with a bowl of porridge with lots of berries and fruits. His lunch includes meat and roasted veggies and on some days, it comprises only of a big salad. He keeps his dinner simple with white fish and vegetables.
Joe Hart Favorite Things
- Food – BBQ pizza and Italian style pasta
- TV Shows – Sons of Anarchy
- Travel Destinations – Mexico, Las Vegas
- Movies – Gladiator (2000), The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
- Artists – Drake, Stormzy
Source – DailyMail UK, Four Four Two, Facebook
Joe Hart Facts
- Joe was a good cricket player in his childhood and early teens. In fact, he was a part of Shrewsbury Cricket Club squad that went on to win Under 13 and Under 15 national title. In the Under 15 final, he took three wickets for 19 runs and went on to score unbeaten 34 as well.
- Apart from cricket and football, he was also a good tennis and rugby player.
- However due to cricket, he had to suffer back problems while growing up. According to his father, he had a terrible bowling action and in quest to bowl fast and aggressive, he used to put a lot of stress on his lower back.
- Joe’s sporting heroes are David Seaman and Peter Schmeichel. In an interview given to Daily Mail newspaper (as part of Head & Shoulders promotion program), he revealed that he aspired to win titles like Schmeichel won with Manchester United.
- In an interview with Shortlist, he revealed that he once got a request from a young fan to give an autograph on a condom. As expected, he shot the request down.
- Even before he started turning out for Manchester City, his obvious talent was well recognized. While on a season long loan deal at Birmingham City in 2009/2010 season, he won the nomination for the PFA Young Player of the Year and was declared Premier League Goalkeeper of the season.
- Early in his career, he earned a bit of bad reputation for his partying lifestyle and boozing. On one occasion, he was pictured partying in a Puerto Banus bar till the early morning before joining the England national squad. Then in October 2010, he was seen drinking and dancing in a late night student party during his club’s bonding trip to St. Andrews.
- During 2014 World Cup group stage match against Italy, Hart created a minor controversy by aiming a foul and abusive tirade at a ball boy. In a fit of rage, he was seen screaming in the direction of the hapless boy and kicking the advertisement hoardings as well.
- It was rumored that for his Italian wedding with Kimberly Crew, he had banned children from the event. It was reported that he and his fiancée had mentioned on the wedding card – Sorry No Bambinos.
- Joe Hart had to bear brunt for his national team’s poor performance at the 2016 UEFA Euro competition. Also, his two profile mistakes including one against Iceland, which led to Kolbeinn Sigþórsson scoring a winning goal, didn’t help his cause as well.
- He listens to all types of music, but hip hop, UK grime and indie are his most loved of all music genres.
- Also, in his last game for Manchester City before moving to Torino, he was made captain by manager Pep Guardiola. After the Champions League qualifying match against Steaua, he was seen applauding fans with tears in his eyes, which led to many speculating that it was his last game for the club.
- Connect with Joe Hart on Instagram and Facebook.