Marina Lambrini Diamandis
Marina, Marina and the Diamonds
Brynmawr, Blaenau Gwent, Wales
Diamandis went to Haberdashers’ Monmouth School for Girls in Monmouth, Wales. Subsequently, she attended The University of East London.
She also went to a dance school in London but left out after 2 months.
She has one older sister, Lafina Diamandis, who is a doctor in London.
Her mom is Welsh and dad is Greek.
Indie pop, electropop, new wave, alternative
Vocals, piano, keyboards, glockenspiel, organ, Casio VL-Tone, ukulele
679 Artists (subdivision of Warner Music Group), Atlantic Records, Chop Shop, Neon Gold, Elektra
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Marina Diamandis dated –
- Theo Hutchcraft – English singer Theo Hutchcraft and Marina were romantically linked to each other in the past.
- Jack Patterson – English musician Jack Patterson (who has served as Clean Bandit’s vocalist, pianist, bass guitarist, and keyboardist) had dated Marina in the past.
- DJ Burns (2013) – In 2013, she was RUMORed to be dating English DJ, musician, record producer, singer Matthew James Burns (also known as BURNS).
Race / Ethnicity
She has Welsh ancestry on her mom’s side while she is of Greek descent on her dad’s side.
- Colorful personality
- Experimental clothing
- Fake eyelashes
- “Heart” symbol in black on her upper left cheek
37-26-37 in or 94-66-94 cm
10 (US) or 40 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
She has endorsed Max Factor. She was named their brand ambassador in February 2011.
Atheist (via Twitter)
Best Known For
Marina is known for her albums The Family Jewels (2010), Electra Heart (2012), and Froot (2015).
She is also known for her retro and cartoonish fashion styles.
She released her debut album The Family Jewels on February 15, 2010 via 679 Artists, and Atlantic Records. It charted at #5 in UK, #138 in U.S., #9 in Ireland, #12 in Germany, #79 in Australia and likewise.
It received the certification of “Gold” in Britain, and Ireland.
The standard version of the album consisted of 13 singles with an approximate running length of 46 minutes. The album received largely positive reviews.
She has not done any of the films.
Her workout routine and diet plan are not known.
Marina Diamandis Favorite Things
- Food – Spaghetti with a tomato based sauce, basil, and parmesan
- Fashion Icons – Sophia Loren, Gwen Stefani
- Band – Poliça
- Restaurant – Giorgio Baldi (in Santa Monica)
- Designers – Meadham Kirchhoff, Christopher Kane, Marchesa, Rachel Gilbert, Natalie B. Coleman
- Place in the World – Athens, Greece
- Beauty Product – NuBo Diamond Peel
Marina Diamandis Facts
- Famous singers like PJ Harvey, Kate Bush, The Distillers, No Doubt, Patti Smith, Britney Spears, Daniel Johnston, Annie had influenced her musical career.
- Marina was born in Brynmawr (in Wales) and grew up in the nearby village of Pandy.
- Marina is the only member of “Marina and the Diamonds.”
- She is talked about as the next Kate Bush (English singer-songwriter).
- Marina has been diagnosed with synesthesia. As a result, she associates particular colors with musical notes and days of the week.
- She is quite good at baking.
- She admits of being a “Night Owl” kind of person and not an early bird just due to the nature of her job.
- Her parents split when she was 16 years old. After her parents’ divorce, she had stayed with her father and mother individually.
- She started songwriting at the age of 18.
- She calls her fans as “the Diamonds” and hence the band name “Marina and the Diamonds.”
- She describes her fashion style as “Vintage, cheerleader, and cartoon.”
- On August 11, 2013, she launched her own fashion line called “11 Diamonds.”
- Visit her official website @ www.marinaandthediamonds.com.
- Hear more from Marina on SoundCloud, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Songkick, Spotify, Tumblr, and iTunes.