Birkenhead, Cheshire, England, United Kingdom
Jack Patterson went to the Calday Grange Grammar School in West Kirby.
After the completion of his school education, he got enrolled in an architecture course at Jesus College, University of Cambridge. He eventually managed to graduate from the university.
He later got admission at the Gerasimov Institute of Cinematography.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Luke Patterson (Younger Brother) (Drummer and member of Clean Bandit)
His music band is represented by –
- Machine Management
- Coda Music Agency
Electronic, Classical Crossover, Electropop, Dance-Pop
Bass, Keyboards, Piano, Vocals, Violin
- Atlantic Records
- Black Butter Records
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jack Patterson has dated –
- Grace Chatto (2008-2016) – Jack started dating singer Grace Chatto in 2008. They had grown close while studying in an undergraduate course at the Jesus College, University of Cambridge. Shortly after the start of their relationship, they decided to start the Clean Bandit. When he moved to Moscow after graduating from the Cambridge, Grace also moved with him and they lived together there. They eventually moved back to the UK after their music career took off. But their relationship didn’t last long after that. In 2016, they revealed that they had decided to end their relationship.
- Marina Diamandis (2015-Present) – In 2015, it was reported by the British tabloids that he was going out with singer Marina Diamandis. The base of these relationship rumors was that they were spotted leaving the Brit Awards together in February 2015. He was even spotted in one of her social media videos. They eventually made their relationship public in 2016 just after Grace had revealed that she had separated from him. Since then, Jack and Marina have been pretty open about their relationship on the social media.
Race / Ethnicity
- Prominent nose
- Often has a trimmed beard and mustache
Jack Patterson hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
His religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Being a member of the electronic music band, Clean Bandit, which is well known for the popularity of their single Rather Be, which became the band’s first single to top the music charts in the UK. Over 1.13 million copies were sold of the single within a year.
- Their single Rockabye was also successful as it managed to reach the top of UK music charts as well.
In 2014, his music group released their first studio album, New Eyes, which went on to peak at number 3 on UK album charts and was certified gold as well.
He hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
In 2015, Jack Patterson made his first TV show appearance as himself on the music TV series, Radio 1’s Big Weekend Norwich 2015.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Jack Patterson Favorite Things
His favorite things aren’t known.
Jack Patterson Facts
- He is one of the founding members of the Clean Bandit, which he started in 2008 with Luke Patterson, Grace Chatto, and Neil Amin-Smith while studying at the University of Cambridge.
- The name of the band was inspired by Russian phrase which can also be translated to ‘complete bastard.’ However, he has claimed that it is a playful term similar to ‘utter rascal.’
- Before the UK General Election in 2017, he and his band threw their weight behind the Labour Party and its head Jeremy Corbyn. They were also in attendance at their high-profile rally in June.
- Patterson and his band drew ire of the Russian audience at their concert in Russia after they decided to publicly tackle the homophobia issue and tried to support the same-sex relationships.
- His band got the first breakthrough with the viral success of Mozart’s House in 2010. The song was then re-released in 2013.
- Before his music career took off, he had worked as a trolley technician for Morrisons.
- Jack and his fellow bandmates first collaborated on an event at an old Elizabethan club. They had gathered to play a couple of pieces that were written and created by Jack.
- He had written Mozart’s House while living in Moscow. He and Grace Chatto lived over an MP3 selling Kiosk that played Russian music throughout the day. Taking inspiration from that music, he had tried to write the house beat.
- Before he decided to focus completely on Clean Bandit, he came close to taking a curation and design job at the St Petersburg Museum of Fine Arts.
- Follow him on Instagram.
Featured Image by Jack Patterson / Social Media