|Can Yaman Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||November 8, 1989|
Can Yaman is a Turkish actor, model, and lawyer who has achieved immense popularity with his portrayal of the suave and charming boss Can Divit in Erkenci Kus. Since his acting debut in 2014, he has played several romantic leads in shows like Gönül Isleri (2014), Inadina Ask (2015), Hangimiz Sevmedik? (2016-2017), and Dolunay (2017). But, it was his brooding looks and machismo as Divit, in addition to his chemistry with Demet Ozdemir, that made him an international sensation. As a result of his soaring popularity on social media, Can has garnered more than 5 million followers on Instagram. Since 2019, he is in a relationship with his co-star Demet Ozdemir.
Yaman completed his middle school education from Bilfen College in Istanbul. Later, he attended Italian High School and graduated at the top of his class.
Can Yaman also traveled to the United States for some time as an exchange student. He returned to Turkey and received his Law degree from the Yeditepe University in Istanbul in 2012.
Actor, Model, Lawyer
- Father – Güven Yaman
- Mother – Güldem Yaman
- Siblings – None
- Others – Fuat Yaman (Uncle) (Football Coach of Turkish clubs like Bandırmaspor
Can is managed by Cüneyt Sayil.
6 ft 183 cm
95 kg or 209.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Can Yaman has dated –
- Acelya Topaloglu – During the shoot of Inadina Ask (Love out of Spite), Yaman’s name was linked with actress Acelya Topaloglu. Acelya, who played his love interest Defne Aras on the show, was speculated to be dating him at that time.
- Bestemsu Ozdemir (2017) – Can Yaman was involved with actress Bestemsu Ozdemir in 2017. Bestemsu spoke about their relationship at a film premiere in December 2017 stating that they were dating for the past 8 months but had since broken up due to personal differences.
- Rabia Yaman (2018) – The hunky actor was rumored to be dating Rabia Yaman, a style consultant, in September 2018. However, like all his other link-up rumors, he never acknowledged the relationship publicly.
- Demet Ozdemir (2019-Present) – Can and Demet began working as co-stars on the popular TV series Erkenci Kus in 2018. Their onscreen chemistry as Can and Sanem respectively made them hugely popular and soon enough there were rumors of a romance. In 2019, their relationship was confirmed after Demet was pictured hanging out with Yaman and his parents on several occasions.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Middle Eastern and White)
He has Albanian, Macedonian, and Kosovar ancestry on his father’s side and is of Turkish descent on his mother’s side.
- Widow’s peak
- Dimpled smile
- Well-built physique
Can Yaman has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- CEPTETEB (Digital Banking platform)
- Desa Fashion
- Trendyol (Mobile Commerce company)
Best Known For
- Playing the casanova Can Divit in the Turkish romantic comedy Erkenci Kuş (Early Bird)
- Being a heartthrob and a breakout star to emerge from the Turkish film industry
First TV Show
In 2014, Can made his TV show debut as Bedir in the drama series Gönül Isleri (Affairs of the Heart).
Can has an active lifestyle and has indulged in sports like basketball and football since his school days. He has always had a well-built and toned physique, but it was his physical transformation on Erkenci Kus that had everyone talking. Speaking about his fitness routine, Can Yaman had revealed that he is opposed to taking protein powders for muscle growth but instead relies on 1 hour of boxing and CrossFit daily.
Additionally, he also takes supplements like Omega-3, magnesium, vitamins, etc. Can considers himself a complete foodie and prefers homemade meals cooked with vegetables and meats.
Can Yaman Favorite Things
- Holiday Destination – Bodrum (In Turkey)
- TV Show – Banshee
- Character Of Himself – Can Divit
Can Yaman Facts
- Can’s parents got divorced when he was 5 years old.
- After graduating from Law College, he interned at the world-renowned PricewaterhouseCoopers Corporation for 1 year.
- Yaman practiced law professionally for 6 months after which he began receiving acting offers. As of now, he manages both his careers as an actor and lawyer simultaneously.
- Can Yaman was chosen as the “Rising Actor of the Year” by GQ Turkey in 2018.
- Yaman got into a fight with his co-star Selen Soyder during the shooting of their TV series Hangimiz Sevmedik? (Which of us did not love?). He was accused of throwing hot tea at her during a heated argument. The court ordered Yaman to personally apologize and pay 7 thousand 830 Turkish lira to the actress as compensation. Following the incident, Selen was replaced by another actress on the show.
- He speaks 3 different languages apart from his native Turkish. He is also fluent in English, Italian, and German.
- In an interview in 2019, Can Yaman had revealed that he would join the military service in January 2020.
- Follow Can Yaman on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Vocy / We Heart It