Grace Elizabeth Chatto
She has a little cottage in the Central London.
Grace Chatto went to The Latymer School. She later got enrolled at the Westminster School.
She also studied at the Jesus College, University of Cambridge and pursued a degree in Russian literature, language, and history.
She honed her musical skills while studying at the Royal Academy of Music.
Musician and singer
- Father – Her father is also a musician.
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – She has a sister.
Grace Chatto is represented by –
- Machine Management
- Coda Music Agency
Pop, electropop, dance-pop
Vocals, cello, percussion
Atlantic Records, Warner Music Group
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Grace Chatto has dated
- Jack Patterson (2008-2016) – Grace Chatto started going out with musician Jack Patterson in 2008. They had met while studying at the Jesus College, University of Cambridge. Their relationship also coincided with the formation of their music band. However, they remained tight-lipped about their relationship which led to the scarcity of information about the details of their relationship. In November 2016, she revealed that they had decided to end their relationship. She also claimed that they had used their breakup experience to write their new music.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Blonde (Natural)
However, she has experimented with a number of hair makeovers such as ‘strawberry blonde’ and ‘platinum blonde’.
- Broad smile
Grace Chatto hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
Being a member of the electronic music band, Clean Bandit. They are best known for the popularity of their single Rather Be, which also became their first single to top the music charts in the UK. Their single Rockabye was another success for the band as it managed to creep to the top of UK music charts as well.
Her music group Clean Bandit released their debut studio album, New Eyes in May 2014. The album managed to peak at #3 on UK album charts and was certified ‘Gold’ as well.
In 1998, she made her theatrical film debut in the drama music movie, Hilary and Jackie, which had Emily Watson and Rachel Griffiths in the leading roles.
First TV Show
In 2015, Grace Chatto made her first TV show appearance as herself in the music miniseries, Radio 1’s Big Weekend Norwich 2015.
Grace Chatto is very consistent with her workout routine. The first thing she does in the morning is a bunch of jumping jacks. She also makes it a point to get in a workout every day irrespective of how packed her daily schedule is. In fact, she has made it her resolution to work out no matter which country she is in.
Also, she loves to change her workout in accordance with the country she is in. Once, when she was in Japan, she went to a yoga class in which she worked out with hundreds of people in a huge hall. When she is in London, she loves to go to Dance Works Studio for a Jamaican dancehall Class.
To complement her workout regime, she has also resolved to eat healthily. She has stopped eating meat and is also trying to cut down her dairy consumption. While traveling, she relies on healthy room service options such as kale salad and healthy juices.
Grace Chatto Favorite Things
- Music Festivals – Coachella Music Festival and Bergenfest
- Beauty Products – Morrocan Oil, Unite’s 7 seconds leave-in-conditioner, and gel makeup remover from La Mer
- Dance Song – Mad Over You by Runtown
Source – Marie Claire, Female Mag
Grace Chatto Facts
- After graduating from the university, she worked in a school as a cello teacher. However, a parent came across the music video of Mozart’s House, in which she was featured in only underwear and was seen covering her modest with violin, and complained to the school, after which was fired from the job.
- When Clean Bandit was formed in 2008, Chatto and her fellow band members Jack Patterson, Luke Patterson and Neil Amin-Smith, were enrolled in an undergraduate course at the University of Cambridge.
- The title of her music band is taken from a Russian phrase, which translates to ‘complete b@stard’ and ‘utter r@scal’ in English.
- In the run-up to the UK general election in 2017, her music group publicly endorsed Labour Party and their leader Jeremy Corbyn. They were even present in Labour rally in June 2017.
- She has collaborated with Jack Patterson to establish film production company, Cleanfilm. The company produces music videos for their band and other music artists.
- Apart from English, she is also fluent in Russian. Grace can also converse in Italian and French.
- She once collaborated with her father to establish music group, Massive Violins. The band was comprised of singing cellists.
- While growing up, she performed with Haringey Young Musicians.
- She got her musical breakthrough with the success of the single Mozart’s House. The song was re-released in 2013 and managed to peak at the 17th position on UK Singles Chart.
- She and her band were harangued while performing live in Russia after they showed their support for the gay rights publicly.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Grace Chatto / Instagram