|Marina Diamandis Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||October 10, 1985|
Marina Diamandis is a Welsh singer, songwriter, and musician. Her discography comprises of albums, tracks, and EPs like The Family Jewels, Froot, Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land, Electra Heart, Love + Fear, Mermaid vs Sailor, Primadonna, I Am Not a Robot, How to Be a Heartbreaker, Disconnect (with Clean Bandit), Purge the Poison, Handmade Heaven, Power & Control, About Love, I’m a Ruin, Karma, Orange Trees, Man’s World, Venus Fly Trap, To Be Human, Forget, Blue, and Happy. Her debut studio album titled The Family Jewels was released in 2010 and it was certified ‘Gold’ by both the British Phonographic Industry (BPI) as well as the Irish Recorded Music Association (IRMA).
Marina Lambrini Diamandis
Marina, Marina and the Diamonds
Brynmawr, Blaenau Gwent, Wales
Los Angeles, California, United States
Diamandis went to Haberdashers’ Monmouth School for Girls in Monmouth, Wales. Subsequently, she attended The University of East London.
She also went to a dance school in London but left out after 2 months.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician
- Father – Dimos Diamandis
- Mother – Esther
- Siblings – Lafina Diamandis (Older Sister) (Doctor)
Indie pop, electropop, new wave, alternative, disco-pop
Vocals, piano, keyboards, glockenspiel, organ, Casio VL-Tone, ukulele
679 Artists (Subdivision of Warner Music Group), Atlantic Records, Chop Shop, Neon Gold, Elektra
Her net worth had been $4 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Marina Diamandis has dated –
- Theo Hutchcraft – English singer Theo Hutchcraft and Marina were romantically linked to each other in the past.
- DJ Burns (2013) – In 2013, she was RUMORed to be dating English DJ, musician, record producer, singer Matthew James Burns (also known as BURNS).
- Jack Patterson (2015-Present) – English musician Jack Patterson (who has served as Clean Bandit’s vocalist, pianist, bass guitarist, and keyboardist) started dating Marina in 2015. They made their relationship public in 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Welsh ancestry on her mom’s side while she is of Greek descent on her dad’s side.
- Colorful personality
- Experimental clothing
- Fake eyelashes
- “Heart” symbol in black on her upper left cheek
37-26-37 in or 94-66-94 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
She has endorsed Max Factor. She was named their brand ambassador in February 2011.
Atheism (via Twitter)
Best Known For
Marina is known for her albums The Family Jewels (2010), Electra Heart (2012), and Froot (2015).
She is also known for her retro and cartoonish fashion styles.
She released her debut album The Family Jewels on February 15, 2010, via 679 Artists, and Atlantic Records. It charted at #5 in UK, #138 in U.S., #9 in Ireland, #12 in Germany, #79 in Australia, and likewise.
It received the certification of “Gold” in Britain, and Ireland.
The standard version of the album consisted of 13 singles with an approximate running length of 46 minutes. The album received largely positive reviews.
Marina Diamandis Favorite Things
- Food – Spaghetti with a tomato-based sauce, basil, and parmesan
- Fashion Icons – Sophia Loren, Gwen Stefani, Leigh Lezark, Shirley Manson
- Band – Poliça
- Restaurant – Giorgio Baldi (in Santa Monica)
- Designers – Meadham Kirchhoff, Christopher Kane, Marchesa, Rachel Gilbert, Natalie B. Coleman, Asli Polat, Mary Benson
- Place in the World – Athens, Greece
- Beauty Product – NuBo Diamond Peel
Source – Wikipedia, Buzznet.com, Spin.com
Marina Diamandis Facts
- Famous singers like PJ Harvey, Kate Bush, The Distillers, No Doubt, Patti Smith, Britney Spears, Daniel Johnston, Annie had influenced her musical career.
- Marina was born in Brynmawr (in Wales) and grew up in the nearby village of Pandy.
- Marina is the only member of “Marina and the Diamonds.”
- She is talked about as the next Kate Bush (English singer-songwriter).
- Marina has been diagnosed with synesthesia. As a result, she associates particular colors with musical notes and days of the week.
- She is quite good at baking.
- She admits to being a “Night Owl” kind of person and not an early bird just due to the nature of her job.
- Her parents split when she was 16 years old. After her parents’ divorce, she had stayed with her father and mother individually.
- She started songwriting at the age of 18.
- She calls her fans “the Diamonds” and hence the band name “Marina and the Diamonds.”
- She describes her fashion style as “Vintage, cheerleader, and cartoon.”
- On August 11, 2013, she launched her own fashion line called “11 Diamonds.”
- She has been credited as one of the artists with a cult following and in June 2016, Billboard wrote that she is among “pop artists with major fanbases in the U.S. and a consistent stream of excellent music who are nonetheless kept a tier below these other musicians in terms of national presence, because they never had that one hit that everyone simply has to know them from”.
- In June 2021, she released her new single, Venus Fly Trap.
- Her 5th studio album Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land was released on June 11, 2021, and it included songs such as Man’s World, Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land, New America, Venus Fly Trap, I Love You but I Love Me More, Flowers, and Goodbye. The album was ranked at number #17 on the UK Albums (OCC) chart and at number #94 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- In July 2021, she was tested positive for coronavirus along with 5 of her friends. She later revealed that they were all double vaccinated.