|Ozzy Osbourne Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||December 3, 1948|
Ozzy Osbourne is a multi-award-winning English singer, songwriter, actor, and TV personality who came to prominence in the early ’70s as the lead singer for the heavy metal band Black Sabbath. Besides that, he is also known for having sold 7 of 12 multi-platinum certified albums as a solo artist. Ozzy has also earned quite a reputation for the controversial steps he has taken. He has more than 12 million followers on Facebook, more than 4 million followers on Instagram, and more than 6 million followers on Twitter.
John Michael Osbourne
Ozzy, Prince of Darkness, The Great Ozz, The Wizard of Ozz, The Madman, The Godfather of Heavy Metal, The Blizzard of oz
Aston, Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Ozzy was 15 years old when he dropped out of school.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, TV Personality
- Father – John Thomas Osbourne (Toolmaker)
- Mother – Lilian Unitt (Factory Worker)
- Siblings – Jean Osbourne (Older Sister), Iris Osbourne (Older Sister), Gillian Osbourne (Older Sister), Paul Osbourne (Younger Brother), Tony Osbourne (Younger Brother)
Osbourne is represented by his wife Sharon Osbourne.
Osbourne has released his music with Epic Record, Columbia Records, and Jet Records.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ozzy’s name has been linked with –
- Michelle Pugh
- Thelma Riley (1971-1982) – The couple married one another in 1971 and Thelma gave birth to his children, a girl named, Jessica Osbourne and a boy named, Louis Osbourne. Ozzy also adopted her son Elliot from her previous marriage. However, their marriage fell apart and the couple parted ways in 1982.
- Sharon Rachel Osbourne (1970-Present) – Ozzy tied the knot with his manager Sharon Rachel Osbourne on July 4, 1982. The couple has 3 children, a girl named, Aimee Osbourne (b. September 2, 1983), Kelly Osbourne (b. October 27, 1984), and Jack Osbourne (b. November 8, 1985).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English descent.
- Tea-shade sunglasses
- Mostly wears black clothing
- His songs are mostly based on occult themes, visions of hell, and despair.
- Speaks in a Brummie accent
- He has a slurred, mumbling voice.
- Paints his fingernails
Ozzy has appeared in the commercials for various brands such as –
- Best Buy Super Bowl
- World of Warcraft
In February 2023, Ozzy was featured in Workday‘s “Super Bowl” commercial alongside Gary Clark Jr., Billy Idol, Joan Jett, and Paul Stanley.
Ozzy Osbourne Favorite Things
- Solo Career Guitarist – Randy Rhoads
Source – YouTube
Ozzy Osbourne Facts
- He was brought up alongside his 5 siblings in a 2 bedroom apartment on 14 Lodge Road.
- Osbourne’s father John worked as a toolmaker at the General Electric Company. Whereas, his mother Lillian worked at a factory.
- He was in primary school when he got his nickname “Ozzy.”
- Osbourne had a tough childhood growing up as he was diagnosed with dyslexia during his schooling years. Also, he was sexually assaulted by school bullies.
- He took to the stage during his while in school and enjoyed taking part in various school productions including Gilbert and Sullivan’s The Mikado and HMS Pinafore.
- Osbourne was 14 years old when he heard songs from the Beatles for the first time and instantly became a fan of theirs. During an interview taken in the past, he stated that the band’s song She Loves You (1963) was what inspired him to become a musician.
- After dropping out of school, Ozzy picked up various odd jobs along the way such as working as a construction site laborer, trainee plumber, apprentice toolmaker, car factory horn-tuner, and abattoir worker.
- During his teenage years, Ozzy was put behind bars for 6 weeks at the Winson Green Prison for committing a burglary at a clothes store. He was booked after his father refused to pay the fine that would have gotten him out.
- He joined the legendary heavy metal band, Black Sabbath as their lead vocalist in the early 1970s. However, at the time the band did not jam under the now popularly known title. Black Sabbath came into existence in 1969 and the name was taken from a film of the same title.
- In 1978, Osbourne parted from the band for 3 months in order to pursue a solo project known as Blizzard of Ozz.
- Ozzy was no stranger to drug abuse. Upon leaving Black Sabbath, he once stated that he had ingested cocaine and alcohol for 3 whole months after receiving his share of £96,000.
- In 1982, while dressed in the apparel of his future wife, Osbourne urinated on a cenotaph that was built in honor of the people who died in the battle of Texas. He was arrested on the spot and barred from entering San Antonio for a decade.
- One of his biggest success events began with the “Ozzfest” on October 25, 1996. Since then, it is said that an upward of US$ 100 million has been generated through the festival.
- He is one of a selected few reputable artists to receive the Living Legend award in the Classic Rock Roll of Honour Awards.
- In May 2007, Ozzy was presented with the first inductee at the “The Birmingham Walk of Stars.”
- His genre of music and choice of lyrics has been said to glorify satanism and is considered to be a negative influence on teenagers by various religious groups.
- After signing a deal with CBS Records in 1981, Osbourne bit the head of a dove as a result of being intoxicated. This act of his earned him a lot of popularity. Later, in 1982, he bit the head of a bat during a performance at the “Veterans Memorial Auditorium”.
- His song Bark at the Moon is said to have been the reason why a Canadian youngster named James Jollimore killed a woman and her 2 sons on New Year’s eve in 1983. Similarly, in 1984, his song Suicide Solution was being heard by a teenager named John McCollum when he committed suicide.
- Ozzy and his spouse Sharon Osbourne were the victims of credit card fraud in October 2020. Someone ‘maxed out’ both of their credit cards.
- In 2019, he had a spine injury after he fell at his home.
- In April 2022, it was revealed that Ozzy had tested positive for COVID-19.
- In February 2023, Ozzy announced his retirement from touring after canceling his UK and Europe tour by giving the reason that he was too weak to perform.
- In February 2023, Ozzy won the Grammy Award for “Best Rock Album” for his album Patient Number 9.
Featured Image By Jennifer / Wikimedia / CC BY 2.0