|Gary Clark Jr. Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||February 15, 1984|
Gary Clark Jr. is a renowned American musician, best known for his fusion of soul, blues, rock music with the elements of hip hop. This guitar god gained recognition in the early 2010s when he met the proprietor of Antone, namely, Clifford Antone. He is a Grammy winner with multiple awards to his name. Clark won the “Best Traditional R&B Performance” award for Please Come Home in 2014 and was nominated for Ain’t Messin Round in 2013. His album This Land blessed him with a Grammy for “Best Rock Song”, “Best Rock Performance”, and “Best Contemporary Blues Album” in 2020. Gary Clark Jr. has also given a number of live performances alongside famous musicians such as B.B. King, Mick Jagger, Jeff Beck, John Mayer, and more.
Gary Lee Clark Jr.
Austin, Texas, U.S.
Kyle, Texas, U.S.
- Father – Gary Clark Sr. (Salesman)
- Mother – Sandy Clark (Accountant)
- Siblings – Shawn Clark (Sister), Savannah Clark (Sister)
This Grammy-nominated musician is represented by Scooter Weintraub and Pam Adams of W Management, Inc.
Blues-rock, soul, R&B
Vocals, Guitar, Drums, Trumpet, Keyboards, Harmonica
Hotwire Unlimited, Warner Bros
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gary Clark Jr. has dated –
- Nicole Trunfio (2012-Present) – Clark started dating the Australian supermodel Nicole Trunfio in 2012. On November 5, 2014, the couple got engaged. They got married in 2016 between two weekends of 2016’s Coachella gigs. The couple is parents to 3 children, 2 girls and a boy. Their son Zion was born in early 2015 and they were blessed with a daughter after the marriage in January 2018. They welcomed another daughter in 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
He has African-American ancestry.
- Expressive eyes
- Often wears a hat
- Gary Clark Jr. has appeared in a couple of Guitar Center Guitar-A-Thon TV commercials such as Martin and Yamaha Guitars, Gibson Les Paul models, Obsessed, Fender Stratocaster, and Delay Pedal and Strings.
- He was also featured in other TV commercials such as Sonos and 2017 Lincoln Continental, Cord.
- In February 2023, Gary was featured in Workday‘s 2023 “Super Bowl” commercial alongside Billy Idol, Joan Jett, Paul Stanley, and Ozzy Osbourne.
Best Known For
His collection of hats and guitars as well as his 2019 album This Land
Gary Clark Jr. Facts
- He owns a 50-acre horse ranch in Kyle, Texas. The question on Clark’s ownership of the ranch by his racist neighbor inspired him to write his popular song This Land.
- In his album Blak and Blu, Gary used Epiphone Casino through a Drop Tune pedal, a Super Fuzz, and an Analog Man Astro Tone pedal to get the funky soul with a heavy rock vibe. Most of the songs in this album are original compositions of Clark.
- The TV commercial Cord featuring the critically acclaimed artist Gary Clark Jr. was aired during the 59th annual Grammy Awards.
- This Grammy winner also stars in the John Varvatos’ new Indivisible campaign, which promotes inclusivity and unity.
- Back in his 20s, Gary enjoyed jamming with blues greats, Jimmie Vaughan and Bobby ‘Blue’ Bland.
- Clark got his first guitar when he was 12 in the year 1996 as a Christmas present from his parents. It was an Ibanez RX20, a black electric guitar and he still owns it. He also owns his first car 94 Sedan DeVille. He doesn’t like getting rid of anything he owns.
- Clark’s trademark accessory is a hat. He has countless of them and he likes picking up one wherever he travels. However, guitars are his most prized possession and named one of them Cassie. According to him, his originals that he had played for the longest are his most favorite ones.
- Clark was raised religious. He went to church every day but stopped later as he grew up.
Featured Image by Jørund F Pedersen / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0