Robert Sylvester Kelly
R. Kelly, The Pied Piper, Kells
Chicago, Illinois, United States
R. Kelly went to the Kenwood Academy High School in Chicago.
Singer, songwriter, actor
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Joanne Kelly (Singer) (Died in 1993)
- Siblings – Bruce Kelly (Older Brother), Carey Kelly (Brother)
He has 1 more sibling apart from above two.
R. Kelly is represented by Red Light Management.
R&B, soul, gospel, hip hop
Vocals, piano, keyboard, guitar
Jive, RCA Records
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
92 kg or 203 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
R. Kelly has dated –
- Aaliyah (1994-1995) – Kelly reportedly got married to Aaliyah, whom he was tutoring in August 1994. The wedding ceremony was kept secret as she was just 15 years old at the time of the wedding. They had met about 3 years earlier through her uncle. Her family got the marriage annulled on February 1995.
- Tracy Sampson – Kelly was RUMORed to have had a sexual relationship with an Epic Records intern Tracy Sampson when she was just 17 years old. She later filed a $50,000 civil suit against him for taken advantage of his position.
- Tiffany Hawkins – Hawkins filed a $250,000 lawsuit against Kelly for having a sexual intercourse with her when she was just 15 years old. He had also induced her to participate in group sex.
- Kim Dulaney – Kelly is reported to have dated writer and journalist Kim Dulaney. Over the years, they have shared a very close bond and she has written a couple of children books inspired by his achievements.
- Bianca Darrington – He had a short-lived affair with glamour model, Bianca Darrington.
- DeLeon Richards – Kelly had an affair with singer DeLeon Richards, who was married to singer Gary Sheffield. This affair came to light after someone tried to blackmail Sheffield with two homemade tapes featuring his wife performing sexual acts on Kelly. In his statement, he revealed that his wife had been having affair with Kelly from a long time.
- Jara Everett – In her memoir released in March 2013, Jara Everett revealed that she had an affair with the singer, who apparently advised her to sleep with people she didn’t want to if she wanted to become a success in the music industry.
- Sparkle – Kelly had sexual relations with another of his former protégées Sparkle. Later, she testified against him in child p*rnography case and accused him of making her niece perform sexual acts on him.
- Andrea Kelly (1996-2009) – Andrea first met Robert when she auditioned for the role of one of the background dancers. However, she was initially hesitant of dating him and even turned him down by saying she didn’t want to become his girlfriend as he already had 15 more. He wizened up and got married to her in 1996. Over the years, she has given birth to 3 children. Their marriage was on ropes in 2005 as she had filed for divorce. She took her order back but filed for divorce a year later. They tried to make it work but while watching The Notebook, he realized that their marriage was dead and soon filed for divorce.
- K. Michelle (2013) – Kelly had a fling with singer and hip-hop star, K. Michelle after having met backstage at one of his shows during the Single Ladies tour in August 2013. Apparently, she had come backstage after the show, after which they listened to some music and got drunk. According to him, they had a very good time after getting very drunk.
Race / Ethnicity
- French braids hairdo
- His love for sunglasses
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
R. Kelly has endorsed / appeared in commercials for –
- Beat studios.
- Reebok’s “Sounds & Rhythm of Sport” campaign in 2002.
- The Tom Joyner Foundation Fantastic Voyage 2015.
- Toyota SWAC Football Championship 2015.
- Asparagus Growers
Best Known For
His hit singles such as Bump N’ Grind, Your Body’s Callin, I Believe I Can Fly, Gotham City, Ignition, and If I Could Turn Back the Hands of Time.
R. Kelly released his debut studio album 12 Play in November 1993. It went on #2 on Billboard 200 and recorded a sales figure of 8 million album copies worldwide.
In 2005, R. Kelly first appeared in the documentary film about Jay-Z Fade to Black as himself.
First TV Show
In 1990, R. Kelly made his first TV show appearance on the Big Break as a contestant where he finished 1st.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
R. Kelly Favorite Things
His favorite things aren’t known.
R. Kelly Facts
- In March 2011, Billboard declared him the “Most Successful R&B Artist of the Last 25 Years.”
- He is the 5th black artist to have cracked into the list of “Top 50 Best-Selling Music Artists in the United States” by the Recording Industry Association of America.
- In 2003, he staged a fundraising gig with proceeds going to the Texas Military Family Foundation. Eventually, he donated $50,000 to the foundation.
- In 2010, he composed a single Sign of Victory for the FIFA World Cup and donated all the proceeds from the song to various African charities.
- After performing at the benefit concert for Special Olympics of Angola in 2010, he donated specially-designed wheelchairs for the disabled.
- In July 1996, he was involved in a brawl at the health club in Louisiana. Subsequently, he was found guilty of battery and as a result was placed on 1-year unsupervised probation.
- He has his name etched in the Guinness book of world records as his written song, You Are Not Alone became the first song to debut on the 1st position in the US singles chart.
- He is the second youngest in his family of 4 children.
- Visit his official website @ r-kelly.com.
- Hear more from R. Kelly on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTubeVEVO, MySpace, and iTunes.