Joanna Noëlle Blagden Levesque
Brattleboro, Vermont, U.S.
Los Angeles, California, United States
She graduated from high school in August 2009.
Later, she was accepted into Northeastern University where she planned to major in cultural anthropology.
Singer, songwriter, actress
- Father – Joel Levesque
- Mother – Diana Blagden (Used to sing in a Catholic church choir)
- Siblings – None
She is signed to these agencies –
- Chris Smith Management Inc.
- Spectrum Talent Agency
Blackground, Da Family, Interscope, Streamline, Atlantic Records
5 ft 3½ in or 161 cm
56 kg or 123½ pounds
JoJo dated –
- Freddy Adu (2005-2006) – After meeting American soccer player, Freddy Adu at the MTV show Fake ID Club, she dated him from May 2005 to September 2006.
- Jeremiah McConico (2008) – In September 2008, she started dating recording artist Jeremiah McConico. They split later on.
Race / Ethnicity
JoJo has English, Native American, French, Polish, Irish, and Scottish ancestry.
- Sex appeal
- Occasionally wears piercing on her left eyebrow
37-27-35 in or 94-68.5-89 cm
10 (US) or 40 (EU)
In August 2011, she became the face of HeartSoul clothing Fall / Winter collection.
She became the spokeswoman for Clearasil’s PerfectaWash in December 2011.
Best Known For
Her songs such as “Leave (Get Out),” “Too Little Too Late” and others.
The singer released her debut album JoJo on June 22, 2004 via Blackground Entertainment, and Universal Music. The album received positive reviews and consisted of 14 singles, giving it a total length of over 52 minutes.
It peaked at #4 at US Billboard 200, which got certified as ‘Platinum.’ More than 4 million copies of the album were sold worldwide.
She debuted with 2002 drama movie Developing Sheldon for her role as Young Elizabeth.
First TV Show
In 1998, JoJo appeared in the season 1 of the comedy series Kids Say the Darndest Things as herself (contestant).
JoJo finds time for workout. As per her interview with SELF, she exercises 5 days in a week. JoJo does cardio daily, but strength training is generally done 3 times a week.
The singer sometimes get bored and does Pilates, yoga, and even boxing.
Working out, while on a tour, can get difficult for JoJo, if she is not able to find a hotel with gym. There is no fixed timeline or schedule for her to exercise. She works out, whenever she finds time – morning, afternoon, or evening.
You can peek into the workout of JoJo via this video.
- Breakfast – Oatmeal with Splenda (artificial sweetener), raisins, coffee
- Lunch – Mexican / Indian food
- Dinner – Soup, chicken salad
JoJo Favorite Things
- Healthy Snack – Whole-grain goldfish, dry fruits, nuts, popcorn
- Indulgence – Ice cream sandwich
- Gadget – Coffee Maker
- Lost JoJo Song – Limbo
- JoJo was born in Vermont, but grew up in Keene (in New Hampshire) and Foxborough (in Massachusetts).
- JoJo has a dog, named, Sugarpie.
- JoJo was born to a family, who was not financially rich. She was raised in a one-bedroom apartment by her mother (as her parents split when she was 4).
- She is the only biological child of her parents.
- JoJo is her childhood nickname.
- Her mother is a trained musical theater artist. Her father used to sing as a hobby.
- In 2013, JoJo sued her record label Blackground Entertainment for not releasing her third studio album. She won the case and was released from the contract. She, then signed with Atlantic Records. This is the reason for the long gap between her second (which was released in 2006) and third studio album.
- She supports many charities such as She’s the First, World Vision, etc.
- She is an avid fan of baseball team, Red Sox.
- Eminem has mentioned JoJo in his song “Ass Like That.”
- At 2, she started singing.
- Visit JoJo’s official website @ www.iamjojoofficial.com.
- Hear more from JoJo on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and iTunes.