|Remy Ma Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||May 30, 1980|
Remy Ma is an American rapper and songwriter who rose to fame as a member of Fat Joe’s hip-hop group called Terror Squad. Over the years, she has released albums, mixtapes, and tracks like There’s Something About Remy: Based on a True Story, Most Anticipated, I’m Around, Shesus Khryst, The BX Files, BlasRemy, Monster (ft. Swizz Beatz), Conceited (There’s Something About Remy), Feels So Good (ft. Ne-Yo), Wake Me Up (ft. Lil’ Kim), Shether, Melanin Magic (ft. Chris Brown), and Company (ft. A Boogie wit da Hoodie). Moreover, Remy Ma has also been cast in projects such as Love & Hip Hop: New York, Remy & Papoose: A Merry Mackie Holiday, Wild ‘n Out, The Wendy Williams Show, Hip Hop Squares, State of the Culture, Remy & Papoose: Meet the Mackies, and Queen of the South.
Remy Ma, Rem, The BX Savior, Remy Martin, Shesus Khryst
The Bronx, New York, United States
While she was incarcerated in the prison, she took up studies for an Associated Degree. By the time she finished her prison sentence, she had an Associated Degree in sociology. As part of her degree program, she wrote a study on same-sex relations titled “Situational Homosexuality”.
- Siblings – Remeesha Blount (Sister), Kristin Devereaux (Sister). She also has 2 brothers.
Remy Ma has been represented by Richard De La Font Agency, Inc.
Sure Shot, Terror Squad Entertainment, SRC, Universal, Roc Nation, Capitol Records, Columbia Records, Atlantic
Her net worth had been $4 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Remy Ma has dated –
- Big Pun – She was romantically involved with the late rapper and songwriter Big Pun for a few months in the past.
- Juelz Santana (2007) – Remy Ma is reported to have had an affair with rapper Juelz Santana before she started going out with her husband Papoose. The affair created a minor controversy as Juelz was also dating Kimbella when the rumors of the affair surfaced.
- Papoose (2008-Present) – Remy first met Papoose at the recording studio he was working in. She stormed into the studio demanding that they turn the volume down. In 2008, Papoose revealed that he was all set to get married to Remy. However, Remy’s trial for having shot her friend forced him to change his plans and he decided to get married in the jail itself. However, the wedding had to be postponed by a day as he was accused of trying to smuggle a key into the jail on the wedding day itself in May 2008. They got married the next day in the courtroom just before she was handed down the eight-year sentence. He was also banned from seeing her in prison for six months. After she was released from the jail, they held a lavish reception with a winter wonderland-themed ceremony in December 2015 to celebrate their relationship. In January 2017, she suffered a miscarriage. The duo was blessed with their first child together, a daughter named Reminisce Mackenzie, on December 14, 2018.
Note – She has a son named Jason from an unidentified man.
Race / Ethnicity
40-28-39 in or 102-71-99 cm
12 (US) or 44 (EU)
10 (US) or 7.5 (UK) or 40.5 (EU)
Remy Ma has done endorsement work for
- Fashion Nova
- I Wear Glam
- Karen Sabag
Best Known For
- Being part of American rapper Fat Joe’s rap group, Terror Squad.
- The highly-publicized nearly decade-long feud with rapper Nicki Minaj.
In 2006, Remy released her debut album, There’s Something About Remy: Based on a True Story. It peaked at #2 on the US Top Rap Albums (Billboard) chart, at number #7 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart, and at number #33 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
First TV Show
In 2004, Remy made her first TV show appearance as herself in the talk show Media City.
Remy Ma kept her weight in check during her jail term by dieting. She revealed in her interview that as the women’s jail facility didn’t have a decent gym, she had to rely on restricting her diet to keep her weight from going up.
She then lost about 20 pounds in a month by following a weight loss program called 40 Day Reset. Basically, this program comprises of a scientifically backed diet and lifestyle changes that help in shedding weight. The program developers claim that you won’t have to exercise nor you will have to starve yourself to see weight loss in this program.
Remy Ma Favorite Things
- Food – Cheeseburger
- Female Music Artists – Rihanna, Missy Elliott, and Beyoncé
- Breakfast Cereal – Waffle Crisp
- Clothing Piece She Owns – Off-white men’s army fatigue jacket
- Movie – Little Shop of Horrors (1986)
- Book – The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub
- Shoes – Emilio Pucci Snow Boots
Source – Billboard, Us Magazine
Remy Ma Facts
- Remy’s feud with Nicki Minaj started in July 2007 after Minaj released her “Dirty Money” freestyle in which she took some subtle shots on Remy. She would later confront Minaj at a party due to the song.
- Remy and Minaj were reported to be close friends before 2007. Some sources even claimed that they were lovers.
- Remy is the only female member of Fat Joe’s rap crew, Terror Squad.
- Her first rap performance came in high school. The Def Jam truck was promoting a new DMX album in the neighborhood and as part of the promotion, they were holding rap battles between kids. She was the only female competitor.
- In January 2005, she reportedly punched rapper Foxy Brown at a Def Jam office. Foxy had subliminally dissed Remy while performing at one of Jay-Z’s concerts.
- In July 2007, Remy surrendered to the police authorities in relation to a shooting. It was later revealed that she had shot her friend Makeda Barnes-Joseph in the torso on suspicion of stealing 1000 dollars from her. Along with attempted murder, she was also charged with criminal weapon possession, assault, and witness tampering.
- In March 2008, she handed down the eight-year prison sentence. She was released in July 2014 after serving 6 years in jail.
- The producers of her reality show, Love & Hip Hop New York had first pitched the proposal while she was incarcerated in the jail. They wanted to catch the dynamics of Remy and her partner Papoose’s relationship.
- Remy started writing poetry at a very young age to deal with the drug abuse of her family.
- While growing up, she took care of her siblings owing to her family’s rampant drug abuse.
- Whitney Houston is her inspiration and a pretend mom.
- She used to have Jheri curls previously.
- Her mother was in a cosmetology school. Hence, she used to practice everything on Remy.
- The first person she takes advice from is her husband Papoose.
- Her first car was a pink-colored Mercedes-Benz CLK 430.
- She is a pescatarian (eats a vegetarian diet plus seafood including fish).
- Her go-to shower song is Just Be a Man About It by Toni Braxton.
- As a kid, she was in the play A Raisin in the Sun.
- She can make great fluffy slime. This is one of her talents.
- She has light insomnia. Sometimes, she wakes up at random hours of the night.
- In 2006, she wore 50-plus-inch hair. That was the most expensive hair she had ever worn.
- She was starstruck after meeting rapper DMX.
- Fat Joe’s wife Lorena Cartagena is her fashion inspiration.
- She sometimes gets mistaken for Kelly Rowland.
- If she could have dinner with anyone, she would like to have that with her ancestors in order to know about her family’s background better.
NO way is she 148! At 5’10’ and with a plus size model body, she is at least 170!