|Papoose Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||March 5, 1978|
Papoose is an American rapper, songwriter, and television personality. He made his rap debut on Kool G Rap‘s 1998 album Roots of Evil and has released several albums, mixtapes, and songs such as The Nacirema Dream, You Can’t Stop Destiny, Endangered Species, Art & War, The Beast from the East, Election Day, The Underground King, Bang It Out (ft. Snoop Dogg), A Moment of Silence, A Bootlegger’s Nightmare, A Threat and a Promise, The 1.5 Million Dollar Man, New York State of Mind (ft. Vado), The Boyz in the Hood, Second Place is the First Loser, 21 Gun Salute, King of New York, Alphabetical Slaughter, The Golden Child (ft. Remy Ma and Angelica Villa), On Top of My Game (ft. Mavado), Current Events, and Get At Me (ft. Ron Browz).
Papoose, The Lyrical One
New York City, New York, United States
Rapper, Songwriter, Television Personality
- Others – Pi’erre Bourne (Cousin) (Record Producer, Rapper, Audio Engineer)
Hip Hop, East Coast Hip Hop, Mafioso Rap
Honorable, Streetsweepers, Jive Records
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $500 Thousand.
6 ft or 183 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Papoose has dated –
- Yvetta Lashley – He was romantically involved with Yvetta Lashley in the past and they parent 2 children – Dejanae Mackie (b. November 1997) and Shamele Mackie (b. April 1999).
- Remy Ma (2007-Present) – In April 2007, he began dating rapper Remy Ma and they exchanged wedding vows on May 12, 2008, over the phone while she was incarcerated. They officially got married in a wedding ceremony in February 2016 and it was featured in the season finale of the 6th season of Love & Hip Hop: New York. On December 14, 2018, the duo’s first child together, a girl named Reminisce Mackenzie, was born.
Note – He also has a daughter named Destiny who was born in September 2000.
Race / Ethnicity
Papoose is of Liberian descent on his maternal side.
Sports a beard
- He grew up in the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood of Brooklyn.
- His grandmother nicknamed him “Papoose” because of his resemblance as a baby to a Native American child.
- On March 26, 2013, he released his debut studio album The Nacirema Dream and it peaked at #8 on the US Top Rap Albums (Billboard) chart, at #13 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart, and at #19 on the US Independent Albums (Billboard) chart.
- After the release of Remy Ma from New York State prison in 2014, Papoose and Remy Ma joined the cast of VH1’s Love & Hip Hop: New York. Reportedly, they had received “an offer they couldn’t refuse”.
- Papoose released his 2nd studio album You Can’t Stop Destiny on July 17, 2015, and it included tracks like You Ain’t Built Like That, Team US, Everything to Gain (ft. A.G.), The Plug, The Bank, Illuminati, and You Draggin It.
Featured Image by Coup d’Oreille / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0