Tours, Indre-et-Loire, Centre, France
Zaz started her education at the age of five at Conservatoire de Tours studying music theory along with learning to play piano, guitar, and violin until the age of eleven.
She then moved to Bordeaux and took singing lessons.
Her stellar talent helped her win regional council scholarship, which in turn got her admission in Centre for Musical Activities and Information (CIAM), a Bordeaux-based school of modern music. She studied there for five years.
- Father – used to work in an electric company.
- Mother – was a Spanish language teacher.
- Siblings – She has a brother and a sister.
Caramba Spectacles represents Zaz.
Vocal, piano, guitar, violin
Play On, Sony Music Entertainment
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm (Approx)
52 kg or 115 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Isabelle Geffroy’s dating history isn’t known.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of French origin.
- Blue eyes
- Gapped tooth
- Simple and bohemian style sense
34-26-34 in or 86-66-86 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
Singer Zaz hasn’t endorsed any leading brand.
Her religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- The monumental success of her debut single, Je veux.
- Her straightforward and grounded lifestyle.
She released her debut album ZAZ in May 2010 which reached #1 on Belgium, Poland, and French music charts.
Zaz hasn’t appeared in any theatrical film till date apart from TV movies and documentaries.
First TV Show
Zaz made her first TV show appearance in Queens of Pop as herself (Interviewee) in a 2011 episode.
Isabelle Geffroy relies on Kung Fu to keep her body in tip-top shape. She started learning Kung Fu at the age of 15 and since then, has been regular when it comes to martial arts training sessions.
In her interview, she revealed that Kung Fu has become a philosophy of her life and has infused her with mental energy that has improved her mental flexibility. She believes that it teaches patience as it is a form of dance, she is a game for it.
Zaz Favorite Things
- French Chanson Singers – Gainsbourg, Nougaro, Brassens, Ferré, Michèle Arnaud, Carmen Maria Vega
Source – Idnes.cz
- After completing her studies at CIAM, Zaz joined a French Basque country group, Izar-Adatz, which had a large orchestra and performed all over southwest France in rural dance events.
- Zaz also performed with a music band known as Don Diego, which specialized in Spanish-African music with elements of Aragones and Andalusian rhythms, funk, Cuban music and jazz.
- Isabelle started working with cabaret groups and even performed individually on the streets after finding work with bands and groups unfulfilling.
- She got her big break after responding to an Internet ad from music producer and songwriter, Kerredine Soltani. The ad was titled “Seeking a hoarse voice a little ruined.”
- Kerredine Soltani not only produced her debut album but also composed and wrote her ground breaking hit, Je veux.
- Her hit song, Eblouie Par La Nuit was featured in the noir crime thriller movie, Dead Man Down (2013).
- In 2011, she joined a musical ensemble Les Enfoirés that every year hosts charity concert for the Restaurants du Cœu.
- Zaz has founded Zazimut, which aims to support and promote projects that recognize the minority groups from all walks of life.
- Visit her official website @ zazofficial.com.
- Follow Zaz on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube VEVO, iTunes, and Google+.