Traditional Asian Diet Plan being providing a healthy way to living nourishes your body and keeps you from degenerative diseases such as cancer, heart problems etc.
Studies show while 45% Americans are susceptible to become victim of cancer, high cholesterol level, and heart diseases, only 15% Asians are likely to suffer from these diseases. Besides that, obesity too is not that prominent problem among Asians as it is among Americans. The healthy food items are primarily responsible for maintaining the percentage level to such a low level.
Nutritional Values of Asian Diet Plan
Traditional Asian diet plan, which basically banks on plant based food items offers highly fibrous and nutrient packed food items. The diet program doesn’t give much importance to dairy products and meat. Selection of food items in the diet plan is entirely on the basis of their nutrient density.
Nuts, legumes, and seeds being rich in iron and proteins, dark colored leafy vegetables being great sources of iron, soy products, seeds and nuts being rich sources of calcium, fall under the category of recommended food items in the diet solution.
People of all the age groups and health condition can adhere to the diet program. However, special cases such as pregnant women and children should consult doctor or physician prior to embracing the diet plan. Also, people having special nutrition requirements are suggested to consult their dietitian or nutrition experts.
What is Asian Diet Plan?
Asian diet is all about healthy and nutritious food items. Following are the key features of the diet plan.
- Unlike other diet programs, Asian diet plan considers white rice more beneficial than brown rice. Though brown rice is covered by shell, which is packed with nutrients, but it’s difficult for your body to digest those shells and therefore your body requires tremendous energy to digest them. And the lengthy process slows down your metabolism. That being said, moderation is the key and you should consume both white and brown rice in moderation.
- The diet plan emphasizes consumption of cooked veggies rather than raw veggies. Though many nutrients get spoiled while cooking the vegetables but not cooking the vegetables puts undue pressure on your metabolism.
- Study shows that average Asians consume 25-40 per cent more calories than Americans do. However, they still are far more slender and healthier than Americans. The reason being, high calories reaching your body through natural foods doesn’t cause much harm to your body. Moreover, it’s comparatively easy for your body to digest natural foods as compared to junk unhealthy food items.
- The diet plan strongly recommends refraining from dairy food items. According to the diet plan, dairy products don’t provide calcium to your body, they rather have sinister amino acid named casein, which imbibe the calcium from your bones and make them become weak.
Recommended Food Items in the Diet Plan
Asian diet plan does not provide its dieters fixed number of meals. The number of meals is rather told to them, weekly, monthly, half yearly on the basis of their fitness objective. Food items recommended in Asian diet plan in routine are as follows.
Grains and Breads
Noodles, rice, corn, rice products, breads, millet, and other grains are the food items falling under the category of grains and breads in the diet plan. Cereals and potatoes too have been put under this category.
Legumes and Nuts
Legumes and nuts are not just rich sources of proteins; they also provide fiber, minerals, and vitamins to your body. Soybean is one of the prominent food items of Asian diet plan. You can prepare soup, noodle dishes, salad etc. by using legumes, nuts, and tofu as ingredients.
Dark leafy vegetables, bok choy, cabbage, bean sprouts, and scallions come under healthy vegetables. Being packed with nutrients, they adequately nourish your body.
Asian diet plan prefers using vegetable oil having monounsatured fats. Traditional forms of oils such as margarine and butter are high in saturated fats, which crop up your risk of cardiac diseases. The diet plan insists on using olive oil and canola oil, due to their beneficial impacts on heart.
Fruits which provide ample nutrients to your body can be consumed in a number of ways. Tangerines, bananas, mangoes, pineapple, grapes, watermelon etc. are some of the fruits, which can be consumed as desserts, snacks, or even as main meals.
Dairy products such as cheese and milk are not recommended in the diet plan. The diet plan rather emphasizes consumption of low-fat food items.
Fish comes under optional food items in the diet plan. Chinese people don’t have much access to fish, so it’s not very prominent among them. Consumption of nutrient dense fish can save you from myriad heart diseases.
Poultry and Eggs
Poultry and eggs are recommended to be consumed once or twice in a week.
Pros and Cons of Asian Diet Plan
Some of the pros and cons of Asian diet plan are as follows.
- Asian diet plan is simple and easy to follow. You don’t have to struggle much with your food habits while going along with the diet plan.
- Nutrient and fiber rich food items of the diet plan will keep you full and satisfied and at no point will you feel deprived in the diet plan.
- Antioxidant and estrogenic properties of the food items will save you from becoming a victim of cancer.
- The food items and recipes suggested in the diet plan are delicious and you will really cherish the food items recommended in the diet plan. The alluring aroma of the food items itself will make you feel passionate about the diet plan.
- Should you sincerely abide by the diet plan, you are bound to get a healthy body. Food items recommended in the diet plan being low in fat will purge you from numerous harmful diseases and will render you sleek and enviable figure.
- The recipes of Asian diet plan are rarely available. So you need to struggle hard to find the recipes.
- Asian diet plan is totally eating plan. No emphasis has been put on physical exercises. Physical exercises are vital because they make your body resilient and boost the functioning of various organs of your body.
- The diet plan has totally overlooked the mental aspect such as the impact of diet plan on your energy level.
You may also like – Lose Weight Without Dieting