Would you believe that, at times, despite of regular bowel movements the colon remains unclean? This may lead to more pressing health matters. Cleanse it thoroughly right away!
An unclean colon can lead to several diseases like asthma, liver ailments, cardiovascular diseases and gallbladder stones. Blame it to either sluggish digestion, lack of enough roughage in your nutrition or not getting chance to drink enough water but know that filth is living in the walls of your colon and it just won’t leave so easily.
We have compiled 7 effective tips that work fast to give you a cleaner colon in no time.
- Drink 2 cups of Coffee: That’s Right. Coffee does more for you than just wake you up with its wonderful aromas. We are talking here about milky, creamy coffees (lattes and cappuccinos, and not espressos). Pair it with high-fiber oatmeal cookies for even better results. If you drink up anymore cups you may actually experience negative effects. You may consume coffee either as breakfast or as an evening snack.
- Drink up Fresh Apple Juice: Here is what you need to do to get rid of this problem. Squeeze juice out of two large apples and drink it up. You may drink it at any time of the day. If you cannot find apples or find it hard to extract juice from them, then get commercially available organic apple juice. It may work just fine. Eating an apple a day is a slow method of colon detoxification. Drinking apple juice is a speedier solution.
- Eat Salad made of Boiled Potatoes: People who often experience constipation have a higher possibility of having a dirty colon. Eating a salad of boiled potatoes is actually a strong recipe to relieve you from constipation. It is important here that you do not misinterpret the remedy and think that potatoes clean the digestive track in all its forms. Wrong. Only boiled potatoes are going to do the trick. For best results pour in a few spoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- A Mixed Juice of Raw Vegetables: You may wonder, what vegetables are we talking about? Well, for this remedy you need to mix in juices of carrots, spinach and tomatoes. Take equal quantities. Add some coriander, lemon juice and salt to enhance the flavor. Drink it up instead of eating your lunch. You shall feel lighter in just a few hours.
- Munch on the Nuts: And, we come back again to the most important things – Fiber! Almonds, walnuts, sun-dried apricots and plums are high in fiber. Combine these four most popularly available nuts in same portions and consume 8 to 10 of these every day. You should do this for one full week, if not for longer duration.
- Consume Curd with Granulated Sugar: Take a bowl of curd and add 1 to 2 tsp of table sugar to it. You may have it as part of your meal or as a snack. Make sure you are consuming two of these cups every day. The probiotic bacteria in curd helps in moving things along. There is no harm in eating it regularly. It shall only improve functioning of your digestive system and keep the colon free of any debris.
- Lemon Juice with Honey: Need to clean things up? Then, you need to let lemon juice take charge. For this remedy, you need a glass of lukewarm water, 1 tsp of honey and one fresh lemon. Drink this up on empty stomach every morning for one week. Lemon has enough fiber and acidity to get things moving. This simple home remedy can effectively detoxify your entire system.
Other than these particular remedies, there are a few more things that you need to give attention to. Do you exercise regularly or do you have a couch potato lifestyle? Physical movement has a huge influence on condition of the colon. Your daily 20 minutes walk will go long way in keeping your colon clean and healthy. Also, you need to avoid consumption of saturated fats and processed foods. The chemistry of these foods is such that they are difficult to flush out off the system and remain clinging on to the walls of the colon for very long.
Try to introduce these tips in your life and bring necessary alterations in your lifestyle. You shall feel relaxed and detoxified in no time.