|Aastha Gill Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 24, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Aastha Gill is an Indian playback singer who launched her career with the party song Dhup Chik with entertainer Raftaar and singer-rapper Badshah in the movie Fugly (2014). She has been the glorious voice behind the song Abhi Toh Party Shuru Hui Hai in the film Khoobsurat (2014) which became one of the “Biggest Party Anthems of this Decade.” She has also belted out hit numbers like DJ Waley Babu (2015) and Saara India (2019) and released her own independent single, the chartbuster Buzz (2018) which had amassed more than 205 million viewers.
Kinshu, Buzz Girl
She attended the Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies (VIPS) in Delhi and earned a bachelor’s degree in Journalism.
- Father – Jaspal Singh (Music Director)
She is represented by PartyMap and Star Clinch agencies.
Pop, Filmi, Bollywood
- Sony Music Entertainment
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair ‘light brown’ and ‘auburn.’
- Thin lips
- Dimpled chin
Aastha Gill Favorite Things
- Activity – Performing live
- Biggest Dream – To perform internationally
- Morning Ritual – Cuddling up with her pet dog after waking up and then having coffee
- Musicians – Beyonce, Rihanna, Sunidhi Chauhan
- Idol – Sunidhi Chauhan
- Pastime – Playing the piano, Listening to jazz and hip-hop
- Sports – World Cup Cricket
- Strength And Best Friend – Her mother
- Most Prized Possession – Her family
Aastha Gill Facts
- Both her grandfather and father were music directors and she worked in the studio when she was as young as 6 or 7 but that had never made her contemplate getting into the competitive industry. However, with time, she learned to follow her heart, overcoming fears and inhibitions and ended up in the field because she loved it.
- She got her break when musician Raftaar who was her senior in college, heard her singing in competition and offered her to record with him. It was he who introduced her to Badshah who became her mentor.
- She has often helped in determining the look of videos as well as other things like costumes but has always taken it to Badshah for the final word. She has seen him as her undisputed master and even while deciding whether to sing a song, she has consulted him for his feedback. Badshah, in turn, has also admitted to how important Aastha has been for him and his team, referring to her as “the glue that binds #teambadshah.”
- She has graced the cover of the April 2019 issue of the prestigious Rolling Stone (India) magazine.
- In 2019, she had come up with the catchy and pulsating TikTok World Cup anthem Jeetega Saara India which had reverberated with the nation’s spirit for the biggest upcoming cricket tournament.
- She has stated that the “party songs singer” tag has not had any effect on her as she has believed that she is defined by what she sings. However, she has been drawn to any music that moves her and has been open to trying out other genres.
- She has expressed her happiness and gratitude to belong to a progressive society which has enabled the rise of music singles and independent music. She dreams of improving the level of live female performers in India and has continuously endeavored to achieve the same herself every day.
Featured Image by Aastha Gill / Instagram