|Abz Love Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||June 29, 1979|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Abz Love is an English rapper, singer, songwriter, DJ, TV personality, and producer, best known as the member of a 5-man band Five, also called 5ive, formed in 1997. They were one of the most successful British bands in the 1990s, signed by Simon Cowell, who was a music executive at Sony BMG Records at the time. The band was active between 1997 and 2001, after which they disbanded for the 1st time. Abz was the only band member to get a solo contract deal with Simon Cowell, which led to the release of his debut solo album Abstract Theory on September 1, 2003. The album had 3 Top 10 hits on the UK Singles Chart and peaked at number 29 on the UK Albums Chart, but because it failed to reach a higher spot, Abz was dropped from the label only 3 months later. As an independent artist, he released a less notable EP album titled Loved Up in August 2011.
Abz decided to come back to the media industry on October 18, 2012, when it was announced that he would take part in the ITV2 documentary TV series The Big Reunion. It featured his story as a solo artist and a band member in a period after their fame died down. Because of his quirky, interesting character, each episode averaged around 1 million viewers. He then went on to appear as himself on the reality TV show Celebrity Big Brother 12 in August 2013 because he needed the money, as he was living with his aunt at the time. He ended up as the runner-up at the show’s finale on September 13, 2013. In 2014, despite the success of The Big Reunion and the promotion it brought, Abz officially announced he left Five via Twitter and decided to move from the city to a farm to live with his wife. He wrote to BBC2 producers, who agreed to send a film crew to film a documentary series about his life in the countryside. The series premiered in August 2015 under the name Country Strife: Abz on the Farm and saw moderate success among British viewers.
Richard Abidin Breen
Rich, Abz, Abz Love, Abs, Abs Breen
London, England, United Kingdom
Abz attended Italia Conti Stage School in London, England, United Kingdom, and studied acting, dance, and singing.
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, DJ, Producer, TV Personality
- Father – Turan Sanveren
- Mother – Kathleen Breen
- Siblings – None
Abz Love is represented by London Flair (Publicist) in London, England, United Kingdom, and Los Angeles, California, United States.
Hip Hop, Pop, Dance
Vocals, Turntables, Sampler, Guitar
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Abz Love has dated –
- Dannielle Brent – Abz and actress Dannielle Brent dated in the past.
- Heidi Range (2002) – In 2002, Abz began dating singer Heidi Range but it was short-lived, and their relationship crashed within the year.
- Vicky Fallon (2008-2017) – His most prominent relationship and subsequent marriage was with Vicky, a singer, songwriter, and TV personality. They got together in 2007 and got engaged in 2008. In December 2009, the pair got married and enjoyed a fruitful marriage up until 2017. Abz wrote on Twitter: “Amore no more,” and confirmed that he had spent a great portion of his life with her, but that they were breaking up. In an interview, he admitted that he accidentally found a weird adult dating app on his wife’s phone while using it as navigation while driving. After he researched the topic, he discovered Vicky’s profile on the website and found out that she charged £2000 per night to be an escort to men. Vicky later claimed she was only on the website for 2 weeks, and only because she had financial troubles.
- Chloe Sims (2017) – In July 2017, Abz was linked to the reality-TV contestant known for The Only Way Is Essex (2011-2019). They shared a few intimate pictures on social media which showed obvious signs of affection. Vicky, Abz’s ex-girlfriend, went as far as to sent a video message to Chloe warning her that he would cheat on her sooner or later. However, Chloe later admitted they did it for ‘showmance’, in order to boost their relevance so that they can bag roles in a variety of reality TV shows.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Caucasian and Middle Eastern)
He is of Irish descent on his maternal side and of Turkish descent on his paternal side.
- Athletic physique
- Stubble facial hair
- 2 silver canine teeth
- Often wears hats and snapbacks
Abz Love has endorsed brands such as Andreas Diofebi Clothing Collection and ZA Jewelers in 2018.
Best Known For
- Being a member of the English band 5ive, and releasing studio albums such as 5ive (1998), Invincible (1999), and Kingsize (2001)
- His debut solo studio album Abstract Theory (2003), and EP Loved Up (2011)
- Starring as himself in TV series Top of the Pops (1998-2003), The Big Reunion (2013), Celebrity Big Brother (2013), Big Brother’s Bit on the Psych (2013), Big Brother’s Bit on the Side (2012-2014), and documentary TV series Country Strife: Abz on the Farm (2015)
Abz Love released his debut studio album titled Abstract Theory on September 1, 2003, under Sony BMG Records. The album consisted of 13 tracks – The One and Only, Emotional, Shame, Angel, Lovers’ Rock, Rain, Turn Me Up, 7 Ways, Back to the Limbo, What You Got, Stop Sign, Miss Perfect, and Roll with Me. It managed to peak at number 29 on the UK Albums Chart but failed to chart worldwide. This led to Abz being dropped from the label just months later.
As a part of the boy band Five, Abz love released his debut studio album titled 5ive on June 22, 1998, which charted at number 1 on the UK Albums Chart. It was re-released in the United States on July 14, 1998, and reached number 27 on the Billboard 200 Chart. It consisted of 17 tracks total, out of which Slam Dunk (Da Funk), When the Lights Go Out, Everybody Get Up, Until the Time is Through, It’s the Things You Do, and Got the Feelin’ were the most notable.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as himself in an episode of the music series Top of the Pops on March 13, 1998.
Abz Love Facts
- He lived in Hackney, East London, England until the age of 16, when he left home and joined the boy band Five.
- It was his high school teacher that suggested he audition for the position in the band, and Abz was chosen out of 3000 other auditionees, alongside 4 other members.
- The band won a Brit Award for “Best Pop Act” in 2000, as well as an MTV Award and ASCAP awards for their songwriting.
- During his appearance on The Big Reunion TV series, he became known for his quirky sense of humor, brutal but hilarious honesty, as well as his vegetable garden and curly carrots.
- During the TV series, he wore unique and colorful headwear in the form of hats. His ‘rainbow unicorn hat’ items were sold out on eBay in a matter of days.
- At the time of his appearance on Celebrity Big Brother 12 reality TV show, he was married. Courtney Stodden, who lived in the house too, developed a massive crush and made advances towards Abz, but he turned her down as he “honored” his girlfriend.
- He left the band 5ive officially in 2014 via Twitter but didn’t notify any of the members. Abz claimed he simply got tired of 5 people and preferred being a 3-piece band or being a solo artist.
- On September 8, 2015, Abz put his Brit Award and MTV Award for sale on eBay. When asked if he felt sad, he said he had no sentimental value towards the objects, as he desperately needed money for his farm. The auction started at £99 and ended up at over £1 million. However, the person that bid the biggest amount was a scammer, and eBay fraud protection terminated the account.
- He said that if he were offered £1 million, he would come back to the band Five, as he got tired of living in a city and on a farm, and wanted to purchase his own island.
- In a series of interviews in April 2018, Abz admitted his dangerous drug addiction. He said it started in 2006 when the band split up. He had no friends or family and hung out with the wrong people because he felt lonely.
- Abz admitted not eating in order to have enough money to buy drugs, which led to a rapid weight loss and health deterioration. Abz also claimed that he paid people to hang out with him because he had no one to spent time with.
- He admitted he was close to suicide and thought of jumping into the Thames river at the lowest point of his depression.
- Weirdly, Abz claimed that he met the Devil, who looked exactly like him. He also experienced heavy heart palpitations and heard the voice that claimed if he were to take drugs once more time, he would be taken to hell.
- As a result of those drug trips, Abz went absolutely cold turkey and stopped taking drugs all of a sudden, which was not something modern medicine recommended.
- Due to very strong willpower and determination to sort his life out, Abz celebrated being clean for 6 years in 2019.
- In 2019, Abz was revealed as a member of the supergroup Boyz on Block. The group released their first single, a cover of East 17’s 1994 single Stay Another Day, in November 2020.
- In 2022, he appeared on the dating reality show, Celebs Go Dating.
- He suffers from Asperger syndrome, a mild form of autism.
- Visit his official website @ abzlove.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, SoundCloud, and Last.fm.
Featured Image by Jessica Faye Hill / Flickr / CC BY-2.0