|Lee Min-ho Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||June 28, 1993|
Lee Min-ho is a South Korean actor who is known for having been cast in shows such as Moon Embracing the Sun, Prime Minister & I, Voice, A Thousand Kisses, Tale of the Nine Tailed, The Beauty Inside, Grudge: The Revolt of Gumiho, The Great King’s Road, Empress Myeongseong, Hospital Ship, Exhibition of Fireworks, Sungkyunkwan Scandal, The Thorn Birds, The Curling Team, The Great Seer, Extraordinary You, Splendid Politics, True Beauty, Search: WWW, The Deacon and Deaconess, Magic Warriors Mir & Gaon, People in the Zoo, and Coffee, Do Me a Favor. In addition to that, the actor has also been a part of many films like Le Grand Chef, A Case of Bachelor Abduction, Time Renegades, The Wrath, Anastasia, Mysterious Fighter Project A, Waikiki Brothers, Running Man, and Actually, I am a Superman.
Namyangju, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
Lee Min-ho went to the Paikyang High School.
After completing his high school education, he got enrolled at the Chung-Ang University’s Institute of the Arts from where he majored in theater.
- Siblings – He has an older sister.
Lee Min-ho has been represented by PI Entertainment.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Athletic body
- Messy hairdo
Lee Min-ho has appeared in the TV commercials for –
- Lotte Samkang
- LG Electronics Canvas X
- Samsung Galaxy Note (alongside actress and singer Eugene)
- Nongshim Noodle
- Shany Pokémon Bread
- G Shop Star Market
Best Known For
- Being cast as Prince Yang-myung in the South Korean TV series, Moon Embracing the Sun.
- Playing the role of Song Man-bo in fantasy romantic comedy TV sitcom, Rooftop Prince.
In 2001, he made his film debut in a minor role in the South Korean film Waikiki Brothers.
First TV Show
In 1998, Lee made his first TV show appearance in the role of Jung-bae in Soonpoong Clinic.
Lee Min-ho Facts
- Lee decided to pursue an acting career because he wanted to fulfill his father’s dream, who himself wanted to become a professional actor but couldn’t make it.
- He made his acting debut at the age of 5 after he was cast in the South Korean sitcom, Soonpoong Clinic. He worked on the show for 2 years.
- His decision to go for soccer instead of acting while growing up was an act of rebellion against his parents, who wanted him to pursue the latter.
- He served as the captain of his middle school soccer team. However, while studying in high school, he decided to embrace an acting career and go for it.
- In 2007, he was cast as Do Joon-yong in the television show Gangnam Mom and this role got him nominated for an SBS Drama Award in the “Best Young Actor” category.
- At the 2008 Seoul FC Junior Championship Cup, he finished up as a top scorer with 10 goals in the tournament. He was considered a soccer prodigy at that stage.
- When he started his adult acting career, he considered adopting a stage name so as to avoid any confusion with City Hunter actor Lee Min-ho.
- His parents discouraged him from changing his name and urged him to work harder to create his own place in the South Korean film industry.
- In 2012, he played the character of young Prince Yangmyung in the television historical romantic fantasy drama show Moon Embracing the Sun, adapted from the novel of the same name written by Jung Eun-gwol. For this performance, he was nominated for the 2012 MBC Drama Award for “Best Young Actor”.
- He brought to life the character of Jinmichae, a cafeteria cook in Seuli High School, in the 2019 fantasy romantic comedy television series Extraordinary You. For this, he was nominated for an MBC Drama Award in the “Best Supporting Cast in a Wednesday-Thursday Drama” category.
- He doesn’t have any social media account.