|Jay Ryan Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0¾ in|
|Date of Birth||August 29, 1981|
Jay Ryan is a New Zealand actor who is best known for portraying roles such as Jack Scully in Neighbours, Ben Hanscom in It Chapter Two, Mark Mitcham in Top of the Lake, Kevin in Go Girls, Detective Ben Wesley in Mary Kills People, Vincent Keller in Beauty & the Beast. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Lou, The Furnace, Xena: Warrior Princess, Being Eve, Legend of the Seeker, Offspring, Fighting Season, Creamerie, and many more. For his acting skills, Jay has been honored with numerous awards such as the Equity Ensemble Award.
Jay Ryan, Bunners
Auckland, New Zealand
- Siblings – Jay has a sister who is half Tongan.
United Talent Agency
6 ft 0¾ in or 185 cm
79 kg or 174 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jay has a daughter with Dianna Fuemana named, Eve (b. March 2013).
Race / Ethnicity
- Athletic build
He has appeared in a Spaghetti Oops commercial. They had to take 400 retakes to catch the best shot in the commercial.
Best Known For
Playing Jack Scully in the Australian soap opera Neighbours from November 2002 to January 2005. He appeared in a total of 176 episodes.
In 2004, he appeared in the short drama film Warra Warra for his role as Ridley.
But before this, he was seen in 2 TV films You Wish! and Superfire.
First TV Show
In 1998, Jay appeared in the spin-off series Young Hercules on Fox Kids Network for his role as Cadet in just one episode.
Jay Ryan has a sexy body which he got with regular exercise sessions in the gym. For playing Vincent Keller in Beauty & the Beast, he had to put more focus on his bodybuilding.
Jay Ryan Favorite Things
- Color – Electric Blue
Source – TV.com
Jay Ryan Facts
- Jay has worked as a clown to entertain children in the local supermarket before becoming famous as an actor.
- He started acting at 6, but his professional career started in 1998.
- He has done theater work with John Cleese and so appeared in The Packer. Its success led him to several movie offers. But, he had to reject them all due to his busy schedule with Neighbours from 2002 to 2005.
- Dianna Fuemana (with whom Jay has a daughter) is also the director of Jay’s play The Packer.
- He changed his name from Jay Bunyan to Jay Ryan after the suggestion of Los Angeles casting directors.