|Adam Jones Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||January 15, 1965|
Adam Jones is an American musician, songwriter, make-up artist, animator, and visual artist who is best known for his work as the lead guitarist of the Los Angeles-based rock band Tool (1990-Present). A multiple Grammy Award winner, he has been ranked the 75th-greatest guitarist of all time by Rolling Stone magazine. He was also placed at number 9 by the monthly music magazine Guitar World in its compilation of the ‘Top 100 Greatest Metal Guitarists’. Besides his illustrious career in the music industry, he boasts of an extensive body of work in special effects, makeup, and set design for Hollywood movies such as Ghostbusters II (1989), Dances with Wolves (1990), Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991), and Jurassic Park (1993). He has also directed many of Tool‘s music videos and created the cover and inside liner art for many of the band’s albums.
Adam Thomas Jones
Park Ridge, Cook County, Illinois, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Adam had attended Libertyville High School, a public school in Libertyville, Illinois. After his high school graduation, he was offered a film scholarship but had declined it and moved to Los Angeles to study art and sculpture. He had later studied straight makeup at the Studio Makeup Academy in Hollywood.
Musician, Songwriter, Make-up Artist, Animator, Visual Artist
Progressive Metal, Alternative Metal, Progressive Rock
Guitar, Bass Guitar, Upright Bass, Violin, Sitar, Talkbox, Synthesizers
- Volcano Entertainment
- Zoo Entertainment
6 ft or 183 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Adam has dated –
- Antonia Jones
- Camella Grace (1999-2010) – Adam and Camella Grace had married on September 18, 1999. They had parted ways in 2010, after more than a decade of wedlock.
- Korin Faught (2010-Present) – Adam had started dating American artist and painter Korin Faught in 2010 and the couple got engaged in January 2013. Later that year, on July 6, 2013, they got married in a ceremony in San Francisco. They have 2 children together.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Center-parted, neck-length, straight hair
- Sports a goatee
- Lanky frame
- Affable smile
Adam Jones Facts
- Adam, apart from his love for music, was also drawn towards animation as a child. He was fascinated with converting his ideas into 3-D sculptures, an idea that later manifested into 3D-clay effects that were seen in most music videos that he had directed for his band Tool.
- Drawing was another skill that he had developed in his school days; and in 2010, he had co-written/co-drawn an X-Files/30 Days of Night crossover comic book.
- Another of his hobbies is photography and pictures clicked by him are often used for the visuals at Tool concerts.
- He had learned how to play the double bass while he was a member of a local orchestra. He had never received any formal guitar lessons though, learning to play it by ear.
- He had played together in a band known as Electric Sheep with fellow future guitarist Tom Morello while they were both attending Libertyville High School.
- In August 2011, he had performed the national anthem of the United States at the start of WWE SummerSlam.
Featured Image by Adam Jones / Instagram