|Adam Richman Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||May 16, 1974|
Adam Richman is an American actor, former competitive eater, chef, author, producer, and TV personality. He was best known as a host of the cooking TV show, Man v. Food (2008-2012). He has also hosted or appeared in shows such as Adam Richman’s Best Sandwich in America (2012), Adam Richman’s Fandemonium (2013), Secret Eats with Adam Richman (2015-2017), and Man Finds Food (2014-2017).
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Through 8th grade, Adam attended one of the Solomon Schechter schools in New York City, New York, United States. He then enrolled in one of the Talmud Torah High Schools in New York City, New York, United States, but graduated from Midwood High School in Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States.
In 1996, Adam earned his undergraduate degree in International Studies from Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia, United States. While there, he was a member of the Alpha Epsilon Pi fraternity.
Adam earned his acting training as an apprentice at the Actors’ Theater of Louisville in Louisville, Kentucky, United States between 1997 and 1998. He earned his master’s degree from the Yale School of Drama in New Haven, Connecticut, United States in May 2003.
Actor, Chef, TV Personality, Author, Former Competitive Eater, Producer
- Others – Claire (Cousin)
Adam Richman is represented by –
- William Morris Endeavor (WME) Entertainment (Talent Agent Commercial, Personal Appearance, Television) in Beverly Hills, California, United States, and New York City, New York, United States
- Cea (Talent Agent Literary) in New York City, New York, United States
- Rain Management Group (RMG) (Manager) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Teal Entertainment (Publicist) in Los Angeles, California, United States, and Santa Monica, California, United States
- Ziffren Brittenham (Legal Representative) in Los Angeles, California, United States
6 ft or 183 cm
103 kg or 227 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Adam Richman has dated –
- Myleene Klass (2016) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
Adam Richman has endorsed brands such as Zantac medication (2010).
Adam Richman Favorite Things
- Soccer Club – Tottenham Hotspur
- Baseball Club – New York Yankees
- Football Club – Miami Dolphins
- Challenge on Man v. Food – Humpy’s Alaskan Alehouse’s Kodiak Arrest in Anchorage, Alaska
- Personal Quote – “I love good people, good food and good times. As ever, no time for haters – only celebrators!”
Adam Richman Facts
- He was raised in the Sheepshead Bay neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States.
- He is a trained sushi chef and a self-educated food expert.
- Adam calls himself a “gastronaut,” which means he has a keen appreciation for food, and a “raconteur,” which means he is skilled at telling anecdotes in an amusing way.
- Adam keeps a travel journal. He has written about every single restaurant he has visited since 1995 and never plans to stop.
- He has never done competitive eating prior to landing a gig on the TV series Man v. Food in 2008.
- To make sure his health wouldn’t be endangered, Adam visited a doctor before starting to eat competitively. He worked out twice a day on the road, often didn’t eat a day before the challenge was to take place, avoided soft drinks and coffee, and drank lots of water and club soda.
- In September 2009, in an episode of Man v. Food, Adam was sabotaged. He had to eat about 10 little chicken wings slathered in a brutal mixture of the hottest sauces, without drinking milk. The owner cheated and employees were caught dumping nearly an entire bottle of sauce on his plate, so he barely ate anything before he had to give up.
- Adam was given a Cable Fax Award for “Best Food Host” in 2009 and 2010, as well as “Best Food Show” in 2010.
- In November 2010, he released his debut book titled America the Edible: A Hungry History from Sea to Dining Sea.
- After he retired from competitive eating in January 2012, he lost 60 lbs or 27 kg.
- He released his 2nd book titled Straight Up Tasty: Meals, Memories, and Mouthfuls from My Travels: A Cookbook, in May 2015.
- In 2015, he stated he ate a vegan diet while training for soccer.
Featured Image by Adam Richman / Instagram