|Adesuwa Aighewi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 22, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Adesuwa Aighewi is an American fashion model and filmmaker. She has walked the runways for brands such as Chanel, Missoni, Louis Vuitton, Yeezy, Roberto Cavalli, Blumarine, Etro, Sportmax, Fendi, Christian Dior, Acne Studios, John Elliott, Jeremy Scott, Tony Burch, Longchamp, Michael Kors, and Prabal Gurung. Adesuwa modeled during all major events such as Paris Fashion Week, New York Fashion Week, London Fashion Week, and Milan Fashion Week.
Adesuwa Thongpond Pariyasapat Aighewi
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Adesuwa was a pre-med student studying chemistry at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore in Princess Anne, Maryland, United States.
Fashion Model, Filmmaker
- Father – He is an environmental scientist.
- Mother – She is an environmental scientist.
- Siblings – She had 2 brothers, one of whom passed away in 2005.
Adesuwa Aighewi is represented by –
- Photogenics LA (Talent Agent) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- The Society Management (Talent Agent) in New York City, New York, United States
- Elite Model Management (Manager) in Paris, France and Milan, Italy
- Stockholmsgruppen (Talent Agent) in Stockholm, Sweden
- Uno Models (Talent Agent) in Barcelona, Spain
- Storm Management (Manager) in London, England, United Kingdom
- Le Management (Manager) in Copenhagen, Denmark and Hamburg, Germany
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Adesuwa has dated –
- SAINt JHN (2021) – RUMOR
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Black and Asian)
She is of Nigerian descent on her paternal side and of Chinese and Thai descent on her maternal side.
- Tall height
- Sunken-in cheeks
- Fuller lips
- Protruding ears
Adesuwa Aighewi has endorsed brands such as –
She has also founded the Legacy Project with the intention of bringing financial relief to Africa.
Adesuwa Aighewi Facts
- Her mom intentionally traveled to the United States from Nigeria to give birth to her and her 2 brothers so they could have a birthright to American citizenship.
- She spent half of her childhood in Nigeria and moved around frequently.
- She was discovered by an agent while walking the campus at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore.
- Adesuwa wanted to intern for NASA and become a doctor, a desire that arose due to her parents’ occupation.
- She was very depressed during the 1st semester of attending the university, forcing the teacher to call her parents. According to Adesuwa, the concept of mental health in Africa doesn’t exist because death happens so frequently. Her brother’s death affected her, even though her dad thought she would get over it quickly and easily.
- In 2011, Adesuwa appeared in 2 music videos by singer and actor, Childish Gambino, for songs Bonfire and Heartbeat.
- In 2017, Adesuwa started writing essays about self-expression and racism in fashion for The Guardian.
- Her breakout film as a director, Spring in Harlem (2018) debuted on the website LOVE.COM and had an article dedicated to it in Forbes magazine.
- A website Models.com ranked her among the “Top 50” models in their database in the past.
- In 2018, Adesuwa was a runner-up for the title of “Breakout Star of the Year” by Models.com.
- Her big break happened when she walked the runway for the opening of the Coach Spring/Summer 2018 show.
- Adesuwa’s dream is to preserve African culture, and if possible, “gather as many cool Africans from around the world who think they’re alone.”
- She has 2 distinctive tattoos, one in-between her br*asts and the other across her back that includes large angel wings.
- She is really into dark humor.
- According to her, the key to more diversity in fashion is to be respectable in shape and a nice person. She said that being a diva in the industry only worked for Naomi Campbell.
Featured Image by Adesuwa Aighewi / Instagram