|Aja Naomi King Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 11, 1985|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Aja Naomi King is an American actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Michaela Pratt in How to Get Away with Murder, Cassandra Kopelson in Emily Owens, M.D., and Cherry Turner in The Birth of a Nation. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Four, Reversion, Damsels in Distress, The Upside, A Girl from Mogadishu, Person of Interest, Blue Bloods, Deadbeat, The Blacklist, Scandal, A Black Lady Sketch Show. Aja has endorsed brands like Olay and L’Oreal Paris and has been featured on the covers of several magazines such as Vanity Fair, Marie Claire, Nylon, Elle, Essence, Glamour, Shape, and Entertainment Weekly.
Aja Naomi King
Los Angeles, California, United States
Aja Naomi did a Bachelor of Fine Arts course in acting from the University of California, Santa Barbara.
Post that, she graduated from Yale University’s School of Drama in 2010 with a Master of Fine Arts degree.
Aja Naomi King is represented by Door 24 Management.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Aja Naomi King has dated –
- Alfred Enoch (2015) – Aja Naomi King started going out with English actor Alfred Enoch in the early months of 2015 after their close friendship turned into something serious. They had first met in 2014 during the shooting of the TV show How to Get Away with Murder.
- Jack Falahee (2016) – Naomi King was going out with her other How to Get Away with Murder co-star Jack Falahee in 2016.
- Dan King – Aja later tied the knot with Dan King. In March 2021, she revealed that she was expecting her first child after suffering 2 miscarriages. On June 6, 2021, she announced the birth of her first child, a son named Kian.
Race / Ethnicity
36-25-35 in or 94-63.5-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
Best Known For
- Her role of Cherry Turner in the film, The Birth of a Nation (2016).
- Playing the role of Michaela Pratt in the ABC drama series How to Get Away with Murder.
King made her feature film debut in the 2011 comedy film Damsels in Distress in the role of Positive Polly.
However, she was first seen as a dancer in the short film Gloria Mundi in 2008.
First TV Show
In 2010, Aja Naomi guest appeared as Denise in the CBS series Blue Bloods.
Aja Naomi King Favorite Things
- Food – Mexican Food
- Ideal Date – At the park or rowing small boats in a lake
- Girl Crush – Olivia Munn, Cara Delevingne
- Hangout Spot – Her home
- ABC Reality Show – Dancing with the Stars
Aja Naomi King Facts
- While growing up, she wanted to become a doctor. It was after working in several school plays in her junior year that she found her passion for acting.
- She got her breakthrough role in How to Get Away with Murder within minutes of completion of her audition. She hadn’t even left the audition building before she got the call.
- When she got admission to the University of California for a Bachelor of Fine Arts, she was the only black woman in her course.
- After completing her studies at Yale, she had to do many waitressing jobs for three years to keep herself financially afloat.