|Ajda Pekkan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 12, 1946|
Ajda Pekkan is a Turkish singer and actress who is known for her brilliant music career that has spanned over 50 years during which she has produced numerous albums and singles like Pour Lui, Süperstar ’83, La Fete A L’Olympia, Cool Kadın, and Fecri Ebcioğlu Sunar: Ajda Pekkan. She has also gained an impressive social media fan base with more than 2 million followers on Twitter, more than 800k followers on Instagram, and more than 200k followers on Facebook.
Ayşe Ajda Pekkan
Pop Diva, Superstar, Angela
Beyoğlu, Istanbul, Turkey
Ajda Pekkan attended the Çamlıca Girls High School.
- Father – Rıdvan Pekkan (Marine Major)
- Mother – Nevin Dobruca (Housewife)
- Sibling – Semiramis Pekkan (Younger Sister) (Actress, Singer)
Arabesque, Dance, Pop
Vocals, Piano, Keyboard
Serengil, Odeon, Regal, Philips, İstanbul, Kervan, Burç, Yaşar, Balet, Emre, Raks, Tempa & Foneks, Elenor, Universal, DMC, GNL
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ajda Pekkan has dated –
- Coşkun Sapmaz (1973) – She married Coşkun Sapmaz on November 17, 1973, but the marriage did not last more than 6 days.
- Ali Bars (1984-1990) – In 1984, she got married for the 2nd time but this marriage also ended in 1990.
Race / Ethnicity
- Pierced ears
- Distinct voice
Ajda Pekkan Favorite Things
- Artists – Sertab Erener, Funda Arar, Bengü
Source – Wikipedia
Ajda Pekkan Facts
- She has said that the greatest sacrifice that she made for her music career was not having children.
- She shares a close bond with the singer and songwriter, Sezen Aksu.
- Ajda Pekkan is regarded as a gay icon by the Turkish LGBT community.
- She has also been an advocate for animal rights.
- She has also appeared in numerous films including Kalbimdeki Yabancı, Dağda Silah Konuşur, Harun Reşid’in Gözdesi, Şoför Deyip Geçmeyin, and Lafını Balla Kestim.
Featured Image by Firuza48 / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0