|Alexis Bledel Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 16, 1981|
Alexis Bledel is an American actress and model who is best known for portraying roles such as Rory Gilmore in Gilmore Girls, Beth Dawes in Mad Men, Emily Malek in The Handmaid’s Tale, and Stacey in Us & Them. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Motive, ER, Sin City, Bride and Prejudice, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, The Ballad of G.I. Joe, The Good Guy, Girl Walks into a Bar, The Conspirator, The Brass Teapot, The Kate Logan Affair, Jenny’s Wedding, Parts per Billion, and many more. Her theatre credits include plays like College Republicans and Love, Loss, and What I Wore. During the course of her career, Alexis has been honored with numerous awards such as the Primetime Emmy Award, Teen Choice Award, and Young Artist Award.
Kimberly Alexis Bledel
Houston, Texas, U.S.
Alexis attended Catholic St. Agnes Academy in Houston. Apart from this she also attended Baptist and Lutheran schools (St. Mark’s Lutheran Middle School). She later attended New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts for a year.
Actress, model, producer
- Father – Martin Bledel
- Mother – Nanette (née Dozier) (Worked as a gift processor and flight attendant)
- Siblings – Eric David Bledel (Younger Brother)
- Others – Enrique Einar Bledel Huus (Paternal Grandfather) (Hails from Argentina) (Vice President of Coca-Cola Latin America), Jean (Campbell) (Paternal Grandmother)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alexis Bledel dated –
- Jared Padalecki (2000-2002) – Gilmore Girls‘ casting director, Mara Casey revealed in 2016 that actors Jared Padalecki and Alexis secretly dated from 2000 to 2002.
- Milo Ventimiglia (2002-2006) – Gilmore Girls co-stars, Milo Ventimiglia and Alexis Bledel started dating in December 2002 after meeting on the set of the television show Gilmore Girls. The ON screen relationship lasted for three and a half years OFF screen as well. They finally broke up in May 2006.
- Matt Czuchry – Rumor
- John Paul (2010-2011) – British model John Paul dated Alexis for a couple of months from September 2010 until 2011.
- Vincent Kartheiser (2012-2022) – Bledel started dating her Mad Men co-star, Vincent Kartheiser in April 2012. In March 2013, the couple announced their engagement and married in June 2014. They welcomed a son in 2015. In August 2022, it was revealed that they had separated and filed for divorce after 8 years of marriage. Their divorce was finalized after a few weeks.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Danish, distant German, Scottish, English, and Argentine descent on her father’s side.
Dark Brown (Natural)
But, Alexis likes to dye them blonde.
- Brown hair
- Striking blue eyes
- Low baby voice
34-24-34 in or 86-61-86 cm
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
Alexis appeared in a print advert in the Naturistics Lip Gloss and Bonne Bell Chapstick in 2000.
Best Known For
Playing a lead role as Rory Gilmore in The WB’s comedy-drama Gilmore Girls from 2000 until 2007.
She is also identified by her role as Lena Kaligaris in the 2005 movie The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.
Alexis appeared as a student in the 1998 comedy-drama film Rushmore. As this was a minor role, it is uncredited.
First TV Show
From 2000 until 2007, Alexis appeared in the American comedy-drama series Gilmore Girls for her lead role as Rory Gilmore.
Alexis prepares her own food to make sure that she knows what she is eating. And, mostly she eats healthy food. She cooks her food almost every day. This does not mean she never goes out in a restaurant. Alexis mostly prefers to go out for a drink. Just because, she knows what is being poured into her glass. In this way, she can remain healthy for a long time or we can say forever.
During her role as Rory in the Gilmore Girls, she used to do a lot of Piloxing (Pilates and boxing) coupled with some cardio to make it more effective. She worked with a Pilates trainer Viveca Jensen for that. Jensen focused more on her buttocks and thighs. Other exercises like abs workout on the Pilates reformer, and posture exercises were also performed by Alexis.
Alexis Bledel Favorite Things
- Food – Wendy’s chicken nuggets, Hi-C fruit punch
- TV Shows – That ’70s Show (1998-2006), Ed (2000-2004)
- Movies – Wings of the Dove (1997), The Secret Garden (1993), The Little Princess (1939)
- Bands – Evanescence, Incubus, Less Than Jake, Jimmy Eat World, Radiohead
- New Yorker – John Lennon
- Store – Target
- Medication – DayQuil
Source – IMDb.com, IGN.com, NYMag.com
Alexis Bledel Facts
- She supported Barack Obama in the 2012 elections and requested her fans to vote for him.
- Her paternal grandfather served as the Vice President of Coca-Cola Latin America and Coca-Cola Inter-American Corporation.
- She considers herself Latina.
- She first learned Spanish and then English, after she started going to school.
- Her parents were raised in the Latin American culture.
- She was shy as a child and first attended a community theater on her mother’s recommendation just to overcome her shyness.
- Alexis has also worked as a model before. She was discovered at a local shopping mall when she was 14. Subsequently, she attended Page Parkes Center for Modeling and Acting.
- Bledel appeared in Less Than Jake’s music video “She’s Gonna Break Soon” in 2003.
- She has a Maltese-chihuahua mixed breed dog named Sophie.
- Besides acting, she also finds photography interesting.
- Though her professional name is Alexis, but she is called by her real name – Kimberly by all of her friends, colleagues, and family.
- She gives money to panhandlers sometimes. But, if the person is handicapped, she always shows her sympathy and kind nature towards her by sharing some money with that person.
- She has graced the cover of numerous magazines such as Teen Vogue, Vanity Fair, Lucky, Glamour, Parade, Nylon, CosmoGirl, Elle Girl, and Seventeen.
- In 2005, she was ranked at the 87th spot in Maxim‘s “Hot 100 Women” list.
- In 2010, Alexis was included in Us Magazine‘s “25 Most Stylish New Yorkers” list.