|Aliona Bolsova Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 6, 1997|
Aliona Bolsova is a Spanish-Moldovan professional tennis player who is adept at both the singles and the doubles formats of the sport having been rated world number 88 in singles in July 2019 and world number 134 in doubles in March 2021, as per the official WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) rankings. At Grand Slam tournaments, in the singles format, she had reached the 4th round of the 2019 French Open. She had also reached the 3rd round of the 2021 Australian Open in the doubles format. Representing Spain, as of March 2021, she had a 1-1 win-loss record in the Fed Cup, the premier international team competition in women’s tennis.
Aliona Bolșova Zadoinov
Palafrugell, Costa Brava, Girona, Catalonia, Spain
She holds dual nationality.
Aliona, after her high school graduation, had attended the Oklahoma State University–Stillwater, a public land-grant research university in Stillwater, Oklahoma. She had joined the institution in the 2016-17 season and had played collegiate tennis for them.
In 2018, she had joined the Florida Atlantic University, a public research university in Boca Raton, Florida. She had studied history, geography, and the history of art during her stint there. She had played collegiate tennis there as well.
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Vadim Zadoinov (Former Athlete, ‘Bronze’ Medalist for the Soviet Union at the 1988 World Junior Championships in 400m Hurdles, ‘Bronze’ Medalist for the Soviet Union at the 1987 European Junior Championships in 4×400 m Relay)
- Mother – Olga Bolșova (Former Athlete, High Jumper, Triple Jumper, Holder of Moldovan National Records in Both High Jump and Triple Jump, ‘Bronze’ Medalist at the 1996 European Indoor Championships in High Jump)
- Siblings – Taisia Bolșova (Sister)
- Others – Viktor Bolshov (Maternal Grandfather) (Former Athlete, High Jumper, 4th Place Holder at the 1960 Olympic Games in High Jump), Valentyna Maslovska (Maternal Grandmother) (Former Athlete, Sprinter) (d. 2002)
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Russian, Romanian, and Moldovan descent.
She often tends to dye her hair pink.
- Toned physique
- Neck-length hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
- Has her left hand covered in tattoos
Aliona has been sponsored by –
- Yonex Tennis
- Lotto Sport Italia
- Joma Sport
Aliona Bolsova Facts
- Born and raised in Moldova, Aliona had represented her come country in tennis from 2012 to 2013. She had already made a permanent move to Spain, with her family, at a very young age, and in 2013, after attaining Spanish citizenship, she began to represent Spain in tennis even though she had also held Moldovan citizenship concurrently.
- As of March 2021, she had won 6 singles titles and 8 doubles titles on the ITF (International Tennis Federation) Circuit. On the junior circuit, she had attained a career-high ranking of No. 4 and had made it to the last-8 stage of the 2015 Australian Open.
- Representing the Oklahoma State University, as a freshman in the 2016-17 season, she had achieved a 31–7 win-loss record in singles and a 25–7 record in doubles in NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) tournaments. She had helped them reach the final of the 2017 Big 12 Conference championship.
Featured Image by Aliona Bolsova / Instagram