|Allison Tolman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||November 18, 1981|
Allison Tolman is an American actress who is best known for her breakout role as Molly Solverson on the FX TV show Fargo (2014-2015). Later, she made headlines for not being cast in season 2 and 3 of Fargo. Allison is also noted for being cast in the films Krampus (2015) and The Gift (2015). She also assisted in the formation of Second Thought Theatre, based in Dallas.
Allison Cara Tolman
Harris County, Texas, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Allison was 10 years old when she started studying acting at the Fort Bend Community Theatre. Later, in the year 2000, she completed her studies at the Clements High School, Sugar Land, Texas.
She then went on to study at Baylor University, where she obtained a Bachelor of Fine Arts in theatrical performance. Later, she enrolled at The Second City and was accepted into their Conservatory Training Program in 2009.
- Father – Davis Nichols Tolman
- Mother – Valerie Clohecy
- Siblings – She has 2 brothers and a sister.
- Others – Charles Herrick Tolman (Paternal Grandfather), Natalie Jeanette Butler (Paternal Grandmother), Richard M. Clohecy (Maternal Grandfather), Gloria Tomkins (Maternal Grandmother)
Allison is represented by United Talent Agency.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Allison has dated –
- Tim Mcclean – Allison has been dating a man named Tim Mcclean for more than a decade. The couple had been together even before she moved to Dallas to study at The Second City in 2009. She often mentions him in her tweets and posts pictures with him on her Instagram account.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English descent and has a pinch of Scotch-Irish, Northern Irish, Scottish, and German ancestry on her father’s side and also possess Irish ancestry on her mother’s side.
Light Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair ‘dark brown’.
Nixon nose shape
Allison has appeared in several commercials for many brands including AE Dairy.
Best Known For
- Being cast as Nan in Downward Dog (2017)
- Her appearances in the films Krampus (2015) and The Gift (2015)
- Being nominated for an Emmy award in 2014 and a Golden Globe award in 2015 for her character as Molly Solverson in FX’s black crime-comedy Fargo (2014-2015)
Allison made her theatrical film debut as Lucy in The Gift in August 2015.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as a Nurse in Prison Break in 2006.
Allison Tolman Favorite Things
- TV Shows – New Girl, Homeland, Wilfred (2011-2014), It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Source – YouTube
Allison Tolman Facts
- Her boyfriend Tim Mcclean is 6 ft 4 in tall.
- She enjoys watching television.
- In the past, she binge-watched True Detective.
- She once took Martin Freeman to see the child appropriate version of 12 Years a Slave after she misread the name of a show.
- Allison has a wardrobe full of tank tops that she buys from Target.
- She has a portly cat named Annie.
- One of her pet-peeves is body shaming.
- The first time she visited New York was during a college field trip. She found it to be overcrowded.
- In the past, she worked at a startup IT firm for 3 years while she lived in Chicago. However, she quit after the company was sold and a rather unethical environment started to develop.
- After she graduated from college, she shifted to Dallas and co-founded the Second Thought Theatre.
- In 2004, she made her debut stage appearance in Anton in Show Business by playwright Jane Martin.
- In the past, Allison had declined several roles as mothers, wives, and best friends in search of notable character roles.
- Her role in Fargo was a small part, but it turned her into a star overnight.
- In 2009, she moved from Dallas to Chicago, Illinois to study at The Second City Training Center.
- She was not brought back for the later season of Fargo as her role needed to be of a 4-year-old child.
- Keith Carradine played the role of her father in Fargo.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Dominick D / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0