|Amy Shark Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||May 14, 1986|
Amy Shark is an Australian singer, songwriter, and music producer whose first studio album under the stage name Amy Shark, titled Love Monster (2018), had peaked at number 1 on the Australian charts, number 7 on the New Zealand charts, and number 2 on the US ‘Top Heatseekers’ chart; and was certified ‘Platinum’ by the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA). Her 2017 EP titled Night Thinker had also peaked at number 2 on the Australian charts, number 1 on the New Zealand charts, and number 8 on the US ‘Top Heatseekers’ chart. Several of her singles such as Adore, Weekends, I Said Hi, All Loved Up, and Mess her Up have been certified ‘Platinum’ by ARIA.
Amy Shark, Amy Cushway, Little Sleeper
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Broadbeach Waters, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Amy had attended the Southport State High School in her hometown of Gold Coast.
Singer, Songwriter, Music Producer
- Mother – Robyn
- Others – David Cushway (Step-Father). She has a younger half-sibling.
She is represented by –
- Stephen Wade, Booking Agent (Australia/New Zealand), Select Music, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Rob Zifarelli, Booking Agent (North America), Paradigm Talent Agency, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Natasha Bent, Booking Agent (UK/Europe), Coda Music Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- Tammy Hofbauer, Press Agent, Sony Music Entertainment, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Jaddan Comerford, Manager, Unified Music Group, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Wonderlick Entertainment
- Sony Music Entertainment Australia
- RCA Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amy has dated –
- Shane Billings (2007–Present) – Amy had first met New Zealand-born Gold Coast resident and financial manager Shane Billings in 2007 and they began dating soon after. The couple got married on May 11, 2013, and Shane had worked as Amy’s talent manager before she signed up with a professional agency.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Hungarian and English descent.
- Lanky frame
- Long, straight hair
- Charming smile
Amy Shark Facts
- Amy’s parents were divorced by the time she was 2 years old. Her mother got remarried and she was then raised by her step-father.
- From 2008 to 2012, she had released her music under the stage name Amy Cushway. As Amy Cushway, she had released 2 albums named Broadway Gossip (2010) and It’s a Happy City (2012), and 2 EPs titled I Thought of You Out Loud (2008) and Love’s Not Anorexic (2009).
- She later adopted the name Amy Shark as a nod to her love for all things related to sharks. She revealed that Jaws (1975) was her all-time favorite film.
- In 2018, she was one of the performers at the closing ceremony of the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games. She had also performed, in February 2020, at the ‘Fire Fight Australia’ concert in Sydney that raised funds for the victims of the devastating bushfires in Australia.
- For her 2018 album titled Love Monster, she won 4 awards at the ARIA Music Awards – ‘Album of the Year’, ‘Best Pop Release’, ‘Best Female Artist’, and ‘Producer of the Year’. In 2017, she had won the ‘Best Pop Release’ and ‘Breakthrough Artist’ awards for the EP Night Thinker (2017).
Featured Image by Amy Shark / Instagram