|Anrich Nortje Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||November 16, 1993|
Anrich Nortje is a South African professional cricketer who has represented his country in all 3 formats of the sport (Tests, ODIs, and T20Is), as a frontline pace bowler. In the South African domestic circuit, he has played for the regional team Eastern Province (2012-13–Present) and the franchise team Warriors (2015-16-Present) across all 3 formats. A tearaway fast bowler, he has turned out for Cape Town Blitz (2018-19–Present) in the MSL (Mzansi Super League) and Delhi Capitals (2020–Present) in the IPL (Indian Premier League). In November 2020, in a move that indicated his growing significance in the game, Delhi Capitals had named him among the 4 players that the franchise had chosen to retain ahead of the upcoming IPL mega auction that was being conducted after the league had expanded by adding 2 new franchises.
Anrich Arno Nortje
Kariega, Eastern Cape Province, South Africa
Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape Province, South Africa
Anrich had attended Die Hoërskool Brandwag, a high school in Uitenhage, Eastern Cape Province. After his high school graduation, he had joined the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, a public university in Port Elizabeth. He had graduated from there with a Bachelor of Commerce degree in financial planning.
- Mother – Amanda Nortje
- Siblings – Anton Nortje (Older Brother), Lizel Bouwer (Older Sister)
- 20 – Test Match, One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I)
- 2 – Cape Town Blitz (MSL)
- 02 – Delhi Capitals (IPL)
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Anrich has dated –
- Micaela Nortje (2019-Present) – Anrich got married to his long-term girlfriend, a teacher named Micaela, in May 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Dutch descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a thick stubble
Anrich has been sponsored by –
- New Balance South Africa
- Kookaburra Cricket
Anrich Nortje Facts
- He was a massive fan of rugby while growing up and had wished to pursue a professional career in the sport. However, when he was in the 11th grade, he had suffered a collarbone injury while playing rugby. It was after this injury that he had decided to shift his focus towards cricket.
- In April 2019, he had been included in South Africa’s squad for the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup but had to miss the tournament due to a hand injury.
- In July 2020, he had been honored with the ‘Newcomer of the Year’ award at Cricket South Africa‘s annual awards ceremony.
- The same month, he had been named in the St Lucia Zouks’ squad for the 2020 edition of the CPL (Caribbean Premier League). However, he was one of 5 South African cricketers who were forced to miss the tournament after they had failed to confirm travel arrangements in due time. This had happened because of the complications in global travel caused in the aftermath of the covid-19 pandemic.
- In October 2020, during the year’s IPL, he had delivered a ball that had been recorded at 156.22 kmph (97 mph). This was the fastest delivery to have ever been bowled in the tournament.
Featured Image by Anrich Nortje / Instagram