|Arjen Robben Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||January 23, 1984|
Arjen Robben is a Dutch former professional footballer who is best known for his career as a winger for teams like Groningen, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, PSV, and Real Madrid. He is considered as one of the best players of his generation and is known for his speed, ball control, and dribbling skills. During the course of his career, Arjen had won numerous tournaments such as Johan Cruyff Shield, FA Community Shield, Premier League, Football League Cup, Supercopa de España, UEFA Super Cup, UEFA Champions League, DFB-Pokal, and had been the recipient of honors like Premier League‘s “Player of the Month”, VDV Bundesliga‘s “Player of the Season”, “Footballer of the Year in Germany”, and “Dutch Sportsman of the year”.
Boyke, The Flying Dutchman
Arjen graduated from Kamerlingh Onnes High School.
- Father – Hans Robben (Football Agent)
- Mother – Marjo Robben
Arjen’s manager is his father Hans.
Midfielder (Can also play as winger and striker)
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Arjen met his current wife Bernadien Eillert back in his high school days. The couple married on June 9, 2007, in a ceremony held in the city of Groningen. They also have one daughter Lynn (b. 2010) and two sons Luka (b. 2008) and Kai (b. 2012).
Race / Ethnicity
- Creative with the ball
- Left footer
10 (US) or 43 (EU)
Robben has been endorsed by Adidas. He also appeared in an EA Sports video for FIFA game series.
Best Known For
His overall skill as a footballer and the capability to play as a midfielder, winger or striker. What makes Robben special is his ability to shoot long-range shots with extraordinary power. He has also been known for serving as the captain of the Netherlands national football team and for competing in 2006, 2010, and 2014 FIFA World Cups.
First Football Match
Robben debuted for his national team (International match) at the age of 19 during a friendly match between Netherlands and Portugal in April 2003.
First TV Show
Arjen appeared as himself in 2 episodes of the sports talk show Villa BvD in 2004.
Arjen is considered to be one of the fastest and most dangerous players on the pitch and not only because of his speed, but also because of his quickness and skills with the ball. To get to Robben’s level of playing, eventually, every player will have to dedicate himself and work 10 times harder than Arjen does. Arjen maybe possesses a talent, but he is also known for putting in really hard work during the off-season. The aspects that Robben covers in each and every workout is the CORE strength, explosive speed, quickness, agility and the ball-handling skills.
It is worth mentioning that his wife Bernadien stated that Arjen has trained for 8 hours a day during 2012 / 2013 summer. That just speaks how dedicated this superstar is, and why he is considered as one of the best Dutch players who has ever played the game of football.
Arjen Robben Favorite Things
- Food – Sushi
- Drink – Cola
Source – FCBayern.com
Arjen Robben Facts
- Arjen started playing football at a very young age.
- He was first noticed while playing for Groningen during the 2000-2001 Eredivisie season when he won the Player Of The Year Award.
- In 2007, Robben got transferred to Real Madrid for a total of $49 million.
- Arjen won two Premier League titles with FC Chelsea.
- In August 2009, he got transferred to Bayern Munich.
- During his first year with Bayern, he won the UEFA Champions League trophy after scoring the winning goal in the final match. The same year, he won the domestic league too.
- The Guardian placed Robben at fourth place on the list of the “Best Football Players of 2014.”
- On August 28, 2015, he became captain of the Netherlands national football team.
- While playing for club PSV, he created a deadly duo with the Serbian striker Mateja Kezman. The fans started calling them “Batman and Robben”.
- In 2004, he was tested for testicular cancer because he found an unfamiliar growth on one of his testicles. But, everything was found alright.
- Arjen is also quite good at chess.
- Robben is not on social media.