|Ashley Wagner Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 16, 1991|
Ashley Wagner is an American former figure skater who is best known for being a Grand Prix Final medalist, 2016 World silver medalist, and a U.S. national champion. She has also participated in a variety of other tournaments such as Triglav Trophy, Pacific Coast Sectionals, Japan Open, World Team Trophy, Skate Canada International, Cup of China, Team Challenge Cup, NHK Trophy, Trophée Éric Bompard, Winter Olympic Games, Cup of Russia, and many more. Ashley has been sponsored by numerous brands such as Nike and has endorsed brands like Pandora Jewelry.
Aliso Viejo, California, U.S.
Wagner was initially homeschooled for seven months and then she took admission into Whitman Middle School. After that, she attended West Potomac High School in Virginia. She further continued her study by enrolling herself into Northern Virginia Community College’s online course. Subsequently, Ashley attended Saddleback College in Mission Viejo, California.
Finally, she studied sports journalism.
- Father – Eric Wagner (Retired lieutenant colonel in the United States Army)
- Mother – Melissa James (Former schoolteacher)
- Siblings – Austin Wagner (Younger Brother) (Competed in skating at the national level)
Shae-Lynn Bourne, David Wilson, Phillip Mills (former), Irina Romanova (former)
SC of Wilmington
John Nicks, Rafael Arutyunyan, Priscilla Hill (former), Shirley Hughes (former)
5 ft 2½ in or 159 cm
50 kg or 110 pounds
Race / Ethnicity
32-23-33 in or 81-58.5-84 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
6 (US) or 36.5 (EU)
- She is a style ambassador for the jewelry giant, Pandora.
- She was also sponsored by Nike in the past.
- In October 2013, Ashley was announced as the face of CoverGirl.
Best Known For
Representing America in figure skating and winning accolades at different levels such as becoming the U.S. national champion in 2012 and 2013.
Ashley appeared in a 90-minute-long, sports-based, TV movie titled Kaleidoscope as herself in 2009.
First TV Show
In 2012, Wagner guest appeared in a news talk show Today as herself in an episode dated November 20, 2012.
Being an ice figure skater, she is on the ice most of the time. Ashley spends 22 hours in a week and 5 days in a week (approx 5½ hours in a day) on the ice, working out. Besides this, she also does yoga to freshen up and have a flexible body. Cardio is also important for her. So, she does running and swimming in the form of cardio.
Ashley also focuses on weight training by taking proper advice from her trainer.
She does not work with a nutritionist, but do eats healthy and munches on snacks throughout the day like nuts, fresh fruits, granola, etc. Her breakfast is like an orange juice and a protein bar. She also has light lunch like salad, or sandwich or her favorite chicken quesadillas. Her dinner is sometimes a burger, or pasta, etc – it depends on her mood.
Ashley also takes iron supplements.
She also knows cooking and sometimes prepares her own food.
Ashley Wagner Favorite Things
- Food – Chicken Quesadillas from Sonia’s Cafe, Skating Club of Wilmington
- TV Show – The Office (2005-2013), Gilmore Girls (2000-2007), House (2004-2012)
- Country – Germany
- Skater – Tara Lipinski, Michelle Kwan
- Drink – Lemonade
- Book – Atonement (By Ian McEwan), A Thousand Splendid Suns (By Khaled Hosseini)
- Color – Green
Source – FigureSkatersOnline.com, Sochi2014.com
Ashley Wagner Facts
- She was born in Germany, but she resides and represents U.S. in figure skating.
- Ashley began skating in 1996, when she was five years old in Eagle River, Alaska.
- As of January 2014, she is at #4 in the world ranking.
- She is an ice cream enthusiast.
- Ashley was born in Germany at U.S. Army Base because of her dad’s posting there at that time.
- She cites Seabeck, Washington as her home. She has actually traveled to many places within the U.S. and Germany because of her dad’s job in the U.S. army.
- She won a bronze medal at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics in the team event.
- After retiring from figure skating, she expresses her desire to work in broadcast journalism.
- She goes with the motto – “No guts, no glory.”
- During her childhood, she was given the choice to either choose skating or ballet for learning.
- She knows English and German language.
- She likes to run on the beach, read books, and laser tag.
- She likes to explore small diners, where she can have the world’s best pie.
Ashley, it was not in your performance, but in the heads of the judges that the Olympic quals score was made.(Sports Medical expert.)