|Atharvaa Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||May 7, 1989|
Atharvaa is an Indian actor and producer who has established himself in the Tamil film industry (a.k.a. Kollywood). Over the course of his career, he has appeared in a number of movie roles which include Raasa in Paradesi, Gemini Ganeshan in Gemini Ganeshanum Suruli Raajanum, Ramesh in Baana Kaathadi and Semma Botha Aagatha, Ramachandran in Muppozhudhum Un Karpanaigal, Michael Prithviraj in Irumbu Kuthirai, Paari in Chandi Veeran, and Abhilash in Gaddalakonda Ganesh.
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Father – Murali (Actor)
- Mother – Shobha
- Siblings – Kavya (Older Sister), Aakash (Younger Brother)
- Others – S. Siddalingaiah (Paternal Grandfather) (Writer, Film Director, Producer), S. D. Suresh (Paternal Uncle), Daniel Balaji (Paternal Uncle) (Actor, Writer)
6 ft or 183 cm
77 kg or 169.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Sports a beard
- Tall stature
- Dimpled chin
- His paternal family has been involved in the entertainment industry for generations.
- He made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Ramesh in the 2010 romance film, Baana Kaathadi. For this role, he won the Edison Award for “Best Male Debutant” and was also nominated for a Vijay Award for “Best Debut Actor”.
- Atharvaa played the character named Ramachandran, a youngster suffering from hallucinations, in the 2012 Tamil-language romantic thriller film, Muppozhudhum Un Karpanaigal.
- In 2013, he was cast as Raasa, a carefree young man living in a rural village, in the Tamil-language period drama film, Paradesi. His performance in the movie bagged him various awards including Filmfare Award for “Best Actor – Tamil”, Norway Tamil Film Festival Award for “Best Actor”, Edison Award for “Extreme Performance”, and 11th Chennai International Film Festival – Special Jury Award.
- He is also known for portraying the character of Gemini Ganeshan in the 2017 romantic comedy film, Gemini Ganeshanum Suruli Raajanum, directed by Odam Ilavarasu. The story revolves around a college-time casanova heading back to deliver wedding invitations to his ex-girlfriends.
- As a producer, Atharvaa worked on the 2018 Tamil-language action thriller film, Semma Botha Aagatha, in which he also appeared in the lead role of Ramesh starring alongside Mishti and Anaika Soti.
Featured Image by Silverscreen Media Inc. / silverscreen.in / CC BY-SA 3.0