|Austin P. McKenzie Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 24, 1993|
|Girlfriend / Boyfriend||Kevin McHale|
Austin P. McKenzie is an American actor, singer, and ASL interpreter known for appearing in popular TV shows like When We Rise. He has portrayed important roles in various theatrical productions like Spring Awakening and has done endorsement work for brands such as Wicked Clothes. Austin has a mild social media fan base with more than 30k followers on Instagram.
Austin P. McKenzie
Mesa, Arizona, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Austin McKenzie went to the Columbia College Chicago and graduated in 2014 with a Bachelor’s degree in Vocal Performance and American Sign Language. At the college, he studied Childhood Education and American Sign Language with an aim to become special needs teacher.
Actor, Singer, ASL Interpreter
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Austin McKenzie is represented by Los Angeles based ICM Partners (Talent and Literary Agency).
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Austin McKenzie has dated –
- Kevin McHale (2018-Present) – The reports of Austin dating actor Kevin McHale first started swirling around in the early months of 2017. The reports of them dating became more substantial in April 2018 as Kevin shared a picture of him cuddling up with Austin on his Instagram account. Later, he posted a picture of him sharing someone’s hand, which was suspected to be Austin’s hand.
Race / Ethnicity
- Boyish good looks
- Defined jawline
- Green eyes
Austin McKenzie has used his social media popularity to endorse brands like Wicked Clothes.
He hasn’t spoken about his religious views publicly.
Best Known For
- Having masterfully portrayed Melchior Gabor in the Broadway Revival of Spring Awakening. He won multiple accolades and awards for his performance in the play.
- Having played the role of young LGBT activist Cleve Jones in the ABC miniseries, When We Rise.
As a Singer
In 2017, he lent his voice to the Thinking of You soundtrack of the drama miniseries, When We Rise.
In 2017, he made his theatrical film debut in the drama movie, Speech & Debate.
First TV Show
In 2015, Austin McKenzie made his first TV show appearance in the Roommates 101 episode of the TV series, The 101.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Austin P. McKenzie Favorite Things
- Snacks – Anything cooked by his grandmother
- Movie – East of Eden (1955)
- Album – Back to Black by Amy Winehouse
- Book – Letters to a Young Poet by Rainer Maria Rilke
Source – Broadway Box
Austin P. McKenzie Facts
- While growing up, he aspired to become a music minister.
- At the age of 15, he started assisting at a summer camp called Lions Camp Tatiyee, which especially catered to children and adults with mental and physical disabilities. He worked with the camp for 6 years. While working at Lions Camp Tatiyee, he first came in touch with the deaf people. His work at the camp inspired him to pursue studies at Columbia College Chicago so as to become a special needs teacher.
- After graduating from the college, he sent his tape to the creative team at Deaf West Theatre and director Michael Arden as he aimed to get hired as an interpreter for company’s ASL-inclusive run of Spring Awakening. However, the creative team saw that he had a potential as an actor and asked him to audition for the leading role of radical atheist Melchior Gabor in the play.
- Follow him on Instagram.
Featured Image by Austin P. McKenzie / Instagram