|Avesh Khan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||December 13, 1996|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Avesh Khan is an Indian professional cricketer who has played for his home state of Madhya Pradesh (2017–Present) across all 3 formats, as a front-line pace bowler, in the Indian domestic circuit. In the IPL (Indian Premier League), he has turned out for Royal Challengers Bangalore (2017) and Delhi Capitals (2018–Present). He was a part of the Indian squad that had finished in 5th place at the 2014 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup. However, he had featured in only 2 matches in the tournament and had picked a solitary wicket. 2 years later, in the subsequent edition of the tournament, he was the star of India’s run to the final of the tournament, with a team-best record of 12 wickets at a stunning average of 15.08 runs per wicket. Thereafter, he had performed consistently in the domestic circuit for a few years before finally reaping the reward of his hard work in January 2021 when he was named as one of the 5 net bowlers in India’s test match squad for their crucial series against England, the last for both teams in the league stage of the World Test Championship, with a place in the final still on the line. His stocks soared further in May 2021 when he was named as one of the four standby players in India’s squad that was picked for the final of the inaugural edition (2019-2021) of the World Test Championship which was to be played in June 2021 at the Rose Bowl in Southampton, England.
Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
Avesh had attended the Advanced Academy, a renowned public school in his hometown of Indore. He had later joined the Renaissance College of Commerce & Management, also in Indore.
- Father – Ashique Khan (Financial Manager, Former Cricketer)
- Siblings – Asad Khan (Brother) (Digital Marketing Analyst)
Right-Arm Fast Medium
- 6 – Delhi Capitals (IPL)
- 17 – Under-19 ODI
- 19 – Madhya Pradesh (Indian Domestic Cricket)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a trimmed beard
Avesh Khan Facts
- It was his father, a former local-level cricketer, who had encouraged Avesh to pursue cricket from a very young age.
- In a youth ODI match against Bangladesh, in an international tri-lateral series in the 2015-16 season, he had recorded sensational figures of 4 wickets for just 4 runs in a spell of 6 overs that had featured 3 maidens (overs where no runs were conceded). This performance had made him just the 2nd bowler in the history of youth ODI matches to have conceded 4 runs or fewer while recording a 4-wicket haul.
- He was the leading wicket-taker for Madhya Pradesh in the 2018–19 season of the Ranji Trophy (India’s premier domestic first-class cricket competition). He had picked up 35 wickets in just 7 matches.
- When the 2021 season of the IPL season was cut short midway due to the alarming rise in Covid-19 cases in India, he was the tournament’s joint 2nd-highest wicket-taker with 14 dismissals in just 8 matches.
Featured Image by Avesh Khan / Instagram