|Basketmouth Quick Info
|5 ft 9 in
|Date of Birth
|September 14, 1978
Basketmouth is a Nigerian comedian and actor who shot to fame after organizing stand-up comedy concerts such as Basketmouth Uncensored across the world. He has starred in a number of movies as well, like The Kingdom (2012). He is the recipient of several accolades including the National Comedy Award in 2005. Basketmouth has amassed more than 8 million followers on Instagram.
Lagos State, Nigeria
He did his primary and secondary school in Apapa in Lagos. After that, he attended the University of Benin, Edo State, in order to study for a degree in Sociology and Anthropology.
- Siblings – Godwin (Brother)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Elise Uzoma (2010-Present) – In 2010, he tied the knot with Elise Uzoma. They have 2 children together, named Janelle Ngozi Okpocha and Jason Chigozie Okpocha.
Race / Ethnicity
He often tends to dye his hair in different shades.
- Wears spectacles
- Beard and mustache
He has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Hanker & Reech.
Basketmouth Favorite Things
- Food – Maggi
Source – Instagram
- He hails from Abia State, Nigeria.
- In December 2020, he began his comedy web series called Papa Benji.
- Basketmouth and his sibling Godwin both went to the University of Benin.
- Basketmouth had been reserved by nature, but being a comedian demanded him to come out of his shell and be more liberal. He had to master the art of being free-hearted all the time as people expected him to be hilarious. He has been happy to have got the opportunity to be a public figure and get to know more about himself.
- Basketmouth has affirmed that for him, comedy has meant to be a way of life, having been the way he has breathed and thought as everything he has done would turn into the end product that would make someone laugh. He has concluded that comedy has also been one of the best means of relaxing.
- He has disclosed that the J in the names of his kids originated from his wife as she has been very religious and loved the alphabet J that has stood for Lord Jesus Christ.
- Basketmouth has pointed out that he has had a good time living two lives. When he has been on stage, he has been comedian Basketmouth, and when he has been at home, he has been Bright, the husband and the father. He has given 100 percent to fatherhood, marriage, as well as to everything that concerns the family and has cherished being the quintessential family man.
- He has revealed that when he has been out of the country or out of Lagos State and then returned, he has canceled as many appointments as he can in Lagos, and has not left his house in order to devote his time to his family.
- Basketmouth has learned a lot from comedy as laughter is something that everyone has needed in life. He has recalled that when he was younger, he thought everyone was funny as all his friends and family members used to be amusing. He gradually realized that being funny was a skill and became aware that he had been blessed with the talent, and became determined to use his gift well.
- Basketmouth has enjoyed changing his looks, switching from wearing baggy jeans to tight ones, and experimenting with his hairstyle.
Featured Image by Basketmouth / Instagram