|Beabadoobee Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||June 3, 2000|
Beabadoobee aka Beatrice Kristi Laus is a Filipino singer-songwriter, social media personality, and producer who shot to fame with the single Coffee (2017), her guitar-heavy DIY brand of indie-pop having struck a chord and the number having got streamed more than 13 million times on Spotify alone. She gained further popularity after releasing several other songs including Susie May (2018), many EPs such as Lice (2018) and Loveworm (2019), and a number of studio albums like Fake It Flowers (2020). Beabadoobee has been the recipient of various accolades including being presented with the Radar Award at the NME Awards in 2020 and getting noted to be a breakthrough act for 2020 in the annual BBC poll of music critics Sound of 2020. She has built a strong fanbase, with her Instagram account having accumulated more than a million followers.
Beatrice Kristi Laus
Iloilo City, Philippines
She attended Sacred Heart High School in Hammersmith, London.
Singer-songwriter, Social media personality, Producer
She has been represented by Chris Melian of All On Red Management Ltd.
Indie Rock, Space Rock, Alternative Rock, Indie Pop, Lo-Fi Music, Folk-Pop, Bedroom Pop
- Dirty Hit
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Soren Harrison – She has been in a long-term relationship with Soren Harrison.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Filipino descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Freckles on her face
- Tattoos on her body
- Petite frame
- Fuller lips
Beabadoobee Favorite Things
- Soundtracks – Those for Good Will Hunting by Elliott Smith and But I’m a Cheerleader
Source – Vogue
- She had shifted to London with her parents when she was 3 years old and had grown up in West London listening to original Pinoy music along with pop and rock music from the 1980s.
- Beabadoobee has recalled that the first time she had made money out of being a musician had been when her friend had put her music on Bandcamp. She was still in school getting pocket money from her parents and so had got very pleased to manage to earn money herself.
- She had started to learn to play the guitar at the age of 17 after getting the instrument second-hand. Prior to that, she had spent around 7 years learning to play the violin.
- Her name Beabadoobee had once been a Finstagram handle that got repurposed into her stage name.
- Beabadoobee’s friends have liked to call her Bea.
- Her boyfriend was the inspiration behind her beautifully low-fi debut single Coffee.
- Beabadoobee has revealed that she has felt like nobody has known her as well as her bedroom, as it saw her go through the worst as well as the best times of her life. It has been the place where she has written her music and pursued her various other creative outlets. There has been a nook above her bed where Beabadoobee has made a mood board–like gallery that is wall pinned with pictures of her most-loved film posters and at other areas of the room, she has doodled on the wall using pastels and paints.
- Beabadoobee has pointed out that her bedroom has always been very cluttered and messy, which has reflected her thinking patterns as she has many things happening in her brain all the time. When it has come to clothes, she has usually got so indecisive that she has found herself just throwing everything on and ending up the layering.
Featured Image by Beabadoobee / Instagram