|Benoit Paire Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||May 8, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Benoit Paire is a French professional tennis player who is best known for winning several tournaments such as Swedish Open, Marrakesh Open, Lyon Open, and for achieving his career-high singles ranking of world No. 18 in January 2016. During the course of his career, Benoit has participated in a variety of tournaments such as US Open, Open Prévadiès Saint–Brieuc, Chennai Open, French Open, ATP 500 Series, Wimbledon Championship, ATP World Tour Masters 1000, Mercedes Cup, ASB Classic, and many more.
Paire, La Tige (The Stalk)
Born Place / Residence
Professional Tennis Player
Right-handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
- Father – Philippe Paire (Works at SNCF (French Railway System))
- Mother – Eliane Paire (Works at the government of Vaucluse)
- Siblings – Thomas Paire (Brother) (Tennis Trainer)
Benoit is signed with Provence Tennis Academie.
6 ft 5 in or 196 cm
81 kg or 179 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
- Shiny smile
- Long neck
Paire has penned endorsement contracts with Lacoste, Babolat, Peugeot, Beardilizer, and Maui Jim.
Best Known For
Winning 2015 Swedish Open and for being ranked at No.18 in singles on the ATP list in January 2016.
First Grand Slam Appearance
He debuted in a grand slam tournament at 2008’s French Open but lost in the very first round.
Benoit Paire Favorite Things
- Surface – Clay
- Shot – Backhand
- Hobby – Watching football
Source – ATP World Tour
Benoit Paire Facts
- Paire’s father was the biggest reason why Benoit began playing tennis. He was taken by his dad to a small tennis club next to their house at the age of 6.
- Growing up, Paire idolized the Russian tennis player Marat Safin.
- Benoit once stated that if he wasn’t a tennis player, he would have loved to be a footballer.
- He cheers for soccer club Olympique de Marseille.
- In 2015, he was selected as the Comeback Player of the Year.
- For many women, he is one of the hottest tennis players who play the game.
- He was given the nickname La Tige (The Stalk) because of his tall height at 6 ft 5 in (196 cm) and his thin build.
- In April 2021, it was announced that he had been banned from competing at the 2021 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Japan, due to “deeply inappropriate behavior” after his outward contempt for the safety restrictions during the pandemic.