|Bhavina Patel Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||November 6, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Bhavina Patel is an Indian parathlete and table tennis player who is known for winning a silver medal in class 4 table tennis at the 2020 Summer Paralympics in Tokyo. Other than that, Bhavina has won several other gold and silver medals.
Bhavina Hasmukhbhai Patel
Sundhiya, Mehsana, Gujarat, India
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Bhavina has trained under the careful guidance of coach Nikul Patel and Lalan Doshi.
She was also enrolled in the Blind People’s Association, Ahmedabad in 2004 from where she graduated with a correspondence degree.
Table Tennis Player, Parathlete
- Father – Hasmukh Patel
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- She sports a pair of reading glasses.
- Heart-shaped face
Bhavina Patel Facts
- She was raised in Mehsana, Gujarat in a middle-class family.
- Bhavina was only 12 months old when she was diagnosed with poliomyelitis.
- She made her international debut in 2009, in Jordan.
- As of August 2021, she was ranked 12th in the world. In the past, Bhavina was ranked 2nd place in the world after winning a silver medal for India in the individual category at the PTT Thailand Table Tennis Championship in 2011.
- She bagged her first gold medal in 2019, at the singles of the International Para Table Tennis Championships in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Bhavina has played international matches in several countries including Jordan, South Korea, Taiwan, China, Germany, Indonesia, Slovenia, Thailand, Spain, Egypt, and the Netherlands.
- Aside from being an international tennis player, Bhavina works with the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation.
- In 2022, Bhavina became the 1st Indian to win a gold medal in para table tennis at Commonwealth Games (CWG). She defeated Nigeria’s Ifechukwude Christiana Ikpeoyi during the Birmingham CWG 2022.
Featured Image By Bhavina Patel / Twitter