|Blair Underwood Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||August 25, 1964|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Blair Underwood is an American actor who is best known for his work in movies such as Krush Groove (1985), Murder in Mississippi (1990), Soul of the Game (1996), Set It Off (1996), Mama Flora’s Family (1998), Rules of Engagement (2000), Something New (2006), Madea’s Family Reunion (2006), The Trip to Bountiful (2014), and Juanita (2019). He is also well recognized for his portrayal of characters such as Jonathan Rollins in the legal drama TV series L.A. Law (1987–1994), Ben Turner in the medical drama TV series City of Angels (2000), Simon Elder in the drama TV series Dirty S*xy Money (2007-2009), Elias Martinez in the drama TV series The Event (2010-2011), and Owen Hall in the thriller drama TV series Quantico (2016–2018).
Blair Erwin Underwood
Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Blair had attended the Petersburg High School in Petersburg, Virginia. He had later studied for a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree at the Carnegie Mellon School of Drama, the first degree-granting drama institution in the United States, located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Father – Frank Eugene Underwood, Sr. (Former Colonel in the US Army)
- Mother – Marilyn Ann Scales Underwood (Interior Decorator)
- Siblings – Frank Underwood, Jr. (Older Brother), Marlo Underwood-Collins (Younger Sister), Mellisa Underwood (Younger Sister)
- Others – Ernest Porter Underwood, Sr. (Paternal Grandfather), Beatrice Alice Terry (Paternal Grandmother), Charles Dowell Frazier, Sr. (Maternal Grandfather), Bessie Mae Royal (Maternal Grandmother)
Blair Underwood’s net worth had been $8 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Blair has dated –
- Jackée Harry
- Desiree DaCosta (1993-2021) – Blair had started dating Desiree DaCosta in 1993 and they got married on September 17, 1994. They have 3 children together – 2 sons named Paris Underwood (b. 1997) and Blake Ellis Underwood (b. June 9, 2001), and a daughter named Brielle Underwood (b. 1999). In May 2021, after nearly 27 years of marriage, the couple had announced that they were ending their relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American (including the Babungo, Bamum, Brong, and lgbo ethnic groups of Western Africa) descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Often sports a goatee or a rugged beard
Blair has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Burger King (1986)
- Nationwide Insurance (2002)
- K&G Stores (2012)
Blair Underwood Facts
- Due to his father’s career in the military, Blair had lived on several military bases/posts in the United States and even in Stuttgart, Germany, throughout his childhood.
- He had won the ‘Humanitarian Award’ in 1993 for his work with the Los Angeles chapter of the Muscular Dystrophy Association, an American organization that works to support people with neuromuscular diseases.
- In July 1996, he was featured in the er*tic magazine Playgirl.
- In 2000, he was voted as one of People magazine’s list of ’50 Most Beautiful People’. He has also been included in TV Guide magazine’s list of ‘Most Influential Faces of the 90s’.
- In 2007, he had co-authored a novel title Casanegra: A Tennyson Hardwick Novel.
- He is a trustee for the Robey Theatre Company in Los Angeles, a non-profit group founded that focuses on plays about the ‘Black Experience’ in the United States.
Featured Image by Blair Underwood / Instagram