|Bob Gunton Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1½ in|
|Date of Birth||November 15, 1945|
Bob Gunton is an American character actor of stage and screen and voiceover artist. Some of his roles include playing Warden Samuel Norton in the prison drama film The Shawshank Redemption, Secretary of State Cyrus Vance in the historical drama thriller film Argo, Tommy Dorsey in the biographical drama miniseries Sinatra, Ethan Kanin in the Fox action drama series 24, Franklin D. Roosevelt in the drama film Kingfish: A Story of Huey P. Long, Chief George Earle in the sci-fi action film Demolition Man, Dean Walcott in the biographical comedy-drama film Patch Adams, Dick Dinkle in The WB series Pepper Dennis, Leland Owlsley in the crime action drama series Daredevil, Noah Taylor in Desperate Housewives, Mayor Malcolm Smith in the crime fiction series Peacemakers, Mr. Pease in the psychological thriller drama film Dolores Claiborne, and Gen. William Collins in the comedy-drama series Royal Pains.
Robert Patrick Gunton Jr.
Santa Monica, California, United States
Bob Gunton studied at Mater Dei High School in Santa Ana, California, the Paulist Seminary St Peter’s College in Baltimore, Maryland, and the University of California, Irvine.
Actor, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Robert Patrick Gunton Sr. (A labor union executive)
- Mother – Rose Marie (née Banovetz)
- Others – Richard Hutchins Gunton (Paternal Grandfather), Kathleen “Katie/Kate” McGarry (Paternal Grandmother), Joseph “Joe” Banovetz (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Sardich/Sarodoc/Sarodok (Maternal Grandmother)
Bob Gunton has been repped by SDB Partners, Inc., Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
His net worth had been $3 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 1½ in or 186.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bob Gunton has dated –
- Annie McGreevey (1980-2006) – He got married to Annie McGreevey in the year 1980 and they have a daughter named Olivia. The couple divorced in 2006.
- Carey Pitts (2006-Present) – In 2006, he married Carey Pitts.
Race / Ethnicity
Gunton is of Irish, English, and German descent on his father’s side and has Slovenian roots on his mother’s side.
Has often played political figures or military figures
He was cast in a TV commercial for Capital Gold Group in 2013.
He has been a devout Roman Catholic and had initially planned to become a priest.
Bob Gunton Facts
- He served in the United States Army from 1969 to 1971 as a radio telephone operator with the 2nd Battalion, 501st Infantry Regiment of the 101st Airborne Division, and was at the Battle of Fire Support Base Ripcord during the 23-day siege.
- During a siege by the North Vietnamese Army (NVA), the base had to be evacuated and during that process, Bob Gunton returned to the base to retrieve important but forgotten, radios in the evacuation’s final moments so that they would not fall into the hands of the enemy. For this valor, he and a comrade were awarded the Bronze Star.
- He was 24 years old when he joined the army.
- In 1981, Gunton made his theatrical film debut as Naftari in the political thriller film titled Rollover.
- He originated the role of Juan Perón in the Broadway premiere of Evita and the titular character in the 1989 revival of Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. These roles got him nominated for Tony Awards.
- As a stage artist, he has also been cast in projects like King of Hearts, Big River, On the Twentieth Century, Roza, An American Comedy, Passion Play, Phaedra Britannica, The Great Ostrovsky, Happy End, and The Death of Von Richtofen as Witnessed From Earth.